DEFEND DEFEND DEFEND COUNTER SCORE AND ****** A WIN

APB9FTM

Reaction score
Can anyone suggest a good tactic for lower league 2 football in england for a poor team with poor players,

I am currently newport county, I have 0 money and have no wages and my squad is pretty s**t

I have purchased one or two new players but my main signing was injured on the first game of the season with a broken foot. JOY

I now have zero options up top and have lost my last three on the bounce. I need to to and play for draws away from home.

Any good suggestions for defending well and controlling the opposition?

HELP

U can always set the back 4 on defend and two BWM ....in dm positions with 2 DW as ml and mr along with 2 strikers as AF ...rigid mentality and counter football with high tempo .

I am am going to work on a tactics that's just for really weak teams .

U can always set the back 4 on defend and two BWM ....in dm positions with 2 DW as ml and mr along with 2 strikers as AF ...rigid mentality and counter football with high tempo .

I am am going to work on a tactics that's just for really weak teams .

Let me know when you find one, The problem i have is that even my back 4 are terrible. Pretty desperate to get a good tactic down that will allow me to survive relegation for the year. Then once the deadwood i have been lumbered with disapear i can start focusing on signing good players for the positions i need to make a difference

Do you have a target man? If so try a route 1 style. Drop your defensive very deep, go attacking and use every instruction that means lumping it into the box! Sounds crude, but Im having some success with Mansfield using the same approach. Predicted to finish 23rd but currently sit 9th after 20 games. I use a target man up front with support from an attacking midfielder and a B2B too. Sometimes swap the AM for a pacey poacher depending on opposition.

Also, sign Matt Rhead on loan from Mansfield. This tactic is really made for him.

Also, sign Matt Rhead on loan from Mansfield. This tactic is really made for him.

I am currently 19th after 9 games, just 2 wins 4 defeats and 3 draws where i completely dominated the match.

I need some new players desperately, Annoyingly the deadwood i want rid of are not attracting any interest, And have a year or so remanining on their contracts, I dont know whether terminating the contracts are a good idea, Could financially cripple me. I am already just under 1k over my wage budget because those who i want out will not ****** off

I dont have a target man, They are all better as advanced forwards. Perhaps i could get one on loan in january. Everyone i go for want a contribution to the wages but i cannot afford to do that as i have zero available. Any other names for L2???

Opposition fans are already singing "Your'e getting sacked in the morning"

How about telling your team to pass into space if your strikers are best as advanced forwards? From what I know at Newport they have Zebroski, O'Connor and Jolley who are pretty fast so you should be able to exploit balls in behind the defence.
I'd look for a 4-5-1/4-3-3 with a DLP, BWM and DM in the centre, your two wide-men as wingers and an AF in attack. Basically everyone sits back and defends whilst your front 3 hits the opposition with pace. Instructions, deeper defensive line, more disciplined, exploit the flanks and pass into space.
Just a suggestion.

Takes money again but have a look at a young lad called Ambulu I think it is. Available on a free. Target man with 5 star potential. If you can free up about 50k transfer kitty sign a lad called Elliott Durrell from Hednesford. AMC. If you can pick up the three players I've suggested you may be able to make the route 1 thing work.

Might be obvious but have you tried offering them out for loan? Even if you let them out at 50% wage contribution it might help. I have plenty of interest in my Mansfield players when I list them.