Defender problems thanks to board

noobito

Reaction score
Hey, I just lost Richards and Onuoha in the space of a week.Arsenal offered 30 million for Richards and the board accepted, Tried offering him a new contract in the hopes he would sign and void the deal but he rejected and joined Arsenal.A few days later in come Chelsea with a 20 million bid for Onuoha which they accept again, Tried again to get him to resign and failed so off he goes.

I'm now left without a natural RB and missing my main CB who bagged me 24 goals last season.I have Taylor and Wheater as my CB's now both are ok but nothing compared to Richards.Im playing Kilgallon at RB now because im struggling to find a solid RB who is british.

Does anyone know of a strong RB who is british, Age doesnt really concern me as next season i will be bringing back Richards and Onuoha regardless of price, I just need someone to fill in the gap my board very kindly left when they sold off my player of the year and young player of the year.CB not so important as Wheater and Taylor are pretty strong although a decent backup wouldnt go a miss or a all round defender.

I hate my board, I would mind but come the end of season i will net them around 30 million just by selling the free transfers i brought in.Picked up Rodwell, Saha, Martins and Rakatic all on frees just stuck them in my reserves for resale next season but they aint happy with that they wanna kill off my team then complain to me that im doing a poor job.

Onuoha isn't the best in that position, Richards was bad.

but, you're city!

a Good english RB can be Alan Hutton, he is avaible for about 18M, he didn't perform well, but i think he is the best english RB.

Onuoha isn't the best in that position, Richards was bad.

but, you're city!

a Good english RB can be Alan Hutton, he is avaible for about 18M, he didn't perform well, but i think he is the best english RB.

Alan Hutton's Scottish, but he is part of Great Britian.

I'm not City, I'm Leeds United.The only reason i got Richards and Onuoha is Man City were relegated the season i was promoted to the championship so i could pick them up for real cheap along with Sturridge and Evans.Their age also played a big factor for me i wanted a team i could keep for along time.

I'm in my 4th season now and they were still in their early 20's, The average age of my team was 24 last season with only Downing, Beckham, James and wright-phillips exceeding that age.Without my board selling my players off i could have had a strong team for 4-5 seasons without really needing to bring anyone else in.

I will look up Hutton though and resign the other 2 next season even if i use Onuoha as backup he can play RB and CB which is good.In what season does Hutton set you back 18 million because now im in my 4th if he costs 18 in the 1st or 2nd season hes gonna set me back 25 million or something now which is half of what i got for Richards and Onuoha so by the time i bring Richards back in i will have lost 10 million atleast with very little improvements to my team.

Thankfully i dont buy alot of players due my young team so i have the money to bring them back and still get my next target in Rooney.Selling the free's i picked up if im lucky could pick me up enough to pay off what Hutton will set me back.

Then its 100 million release clauses all the way on all the players i want to keep.

i very much doubt man city got relegated considerin they have millions to spend

Freekick and corner taker, David Beckham corners into the 6 yard box both Richards and Taylor challange keeper.Fleck lurking outside the box to drive in the clearences.Onuoha near post to flick it on with Vaughan back post.Downing Mattock and Wright-Phillips stay back when needed.Freekicks i have no set tactics Beckham tends to go for goal alot even from weird positions but Richards Taylor and Onuoha all still got forward for freekicks.

I got Richards back from Arsenal right away sadly he set me back 45 million but i want to see if i can top the 30 goal mark with him.Beckham just signed a new 2 year deal so i have the time to do it.Hes on 8 in 20 so far if he continues at that rate he will hit 24 again but im hoping he will pick up more as might beable to progress in cups further this season.

As for Man City not getting relegated, They are still in the championship on my game, Unable to regain promotion into the prem.Not sure how they are going this season but last season the lost in the playoff final to Carlise.

Wait you just signed richards back straight away!! Normaly they dont want to come back

Richards resigned in the same transfer window he left in.Stuck im 125k a week and a 10 million signing fee and he accepted after 2 failed trys.I know its alot to pay for a player who isnt world class but i have too much money to even do anything with right now.Hes not performing as well this season in front of goal hes had 2 red cards and a 3 month injury though but Taylor has notched up 18 goals so far with 9 games to go so maybe he can beat what Richards got last season.Wheater however only has 5 goals so i dont rate him much.

I sold Rakitic and Saha who i picked up free at the start of the season in the January window for 8 million and 6.5 million.Still have Martins and Rodwell because i couldnt get the upset enough to want to leave so soon.Warning after warning with Rakitic ment he was willing to go right away and Saha was the same.When i can net 20-30 million a season just on cast offs from other teams i really dont need to worry about giving 1 player 125k a week.

Next season im looking to bring in Rooney if he will join me and bring back Onuoha if i have enough money left over depends how much Rooney is goona set me back i guess.Hopefully a few more frees comeup who i can profit off and if needs be i can they sign Onuoha back in January.

My RB problem is sorted now, I picked up Hutton for 11 million hes nowhere near the standards of Onuoha was though.Thats probably down to him having a dire training prior to me signing him though but hes doing well enough in my team so i cant really complain.As for Reo-Coker hes valued at 11 million right now had a quick scout of him to see and my scout says it will take a bid of atleast 20 million to get him which doesnt seem good considering i want Onuoha back and have hutton.