Defenders for Manchester United

Average Joe

Reaction score
I've got around 50 million to spend - possibly 70.

January 2020 coming up, I have sold Young, Valencia, Bailey (wanted to move to psg, kicked off) Smalling and Jones and got Varane.

My defense is Shaw (Tierney coming in Jan as rotation), Lindelof, varane, Dalot with Rojo on the bench and a youth prospect DC.

The squad are moaning we don't have enough depth in defense, which is right to be fair.

Any suggestions on players?

As Utd you can get pretty much anyone, so lots of options. I'm Spurs 2nd season Jan window just signed a CB Ruben Dias (Benfica) for £45m, think his release is around £55m his stats are really good and he's aged 22ish can't comment on performances yet, or check out CB Luiz Felipe (Lazio) probably cheaper than Dias. Looking at your squad maybe a top class RB - Eder Militao (Porto) he looks good and can play CB as well or Nordi Mukiele (RB Leipzig). I couldn't afford the last two so went for Alamany Toure (Monaco) as a cheaper alternative.

Maybe De ligt?

Sadly he went to Chelsea first season, literally the day before I went to put a bid in!

As Utd you can get pretty much anyone, so lots of options. I'm Spurs 2nd season Jan window just signed a CB Ruben Dias (Benfica) for £45m, think his release is around £55m his stats are really good and he's aged 22ish can't comment on performances yet, or check out CB Luiz Felipe (Lazio) probably cheaper than Dias. Looking at your squad maybe a top class RB - Eder Militao (Porto) he looks good and can play CB as well or Nordi Mukiele (RB Leipzig). I couldn't afford the last two so went for Alamany Toure (Monaco) as a cheaper alternative.

Cheers mate will have a scout on all of those. The defense is doing well to be fair, just need better depth now!

Benjamin Pavard might be worth a try

I think I looked at Pavard but they wanted silly money, thanks for the suggestion though!

Currently at the end of December in my first season with United, I bought Skriniar and I'm rotating Bailly and Lindelof as his partner! It seems to work well having him as a ball playing centre half and Kante as a ball winning midfielder in front of him!

Quick update, I got Romagnoli and Caldara at very reasonable prices

https://www.fmscout.com/a-football-manager-2019-wonderkids.html buy some talent if you can sign them.the games transfers are messed up.for future reference sign the players you want when you first start a new game. also check out the u18s and apply a future rating filter.there are some 4 star kids in there.train them up.and play them always in the u23 to develop them.

Last edited:
best thing is to wait till a regen is like 2.5 stars ca and just buy 1 season he will be world class