babamanuk

Reaction score
may be a silly question, but is seems like almost every cross that comes into my box ends up as a goal.

how can I improve defending against crosses? ive tried a number of things and nothing is working, 3rd season with porstmouth, promoted first season, just stayed up in the second and now ive lost 6 games in a row at the start of the 3rd season because I cannot defend crosses, keeper never comes, defenders seem to just stand there while players run past them and put it in the back of the net.

any advice would be appreciated

Try having your fullbacks tightly marking opposing wingers. Use the specific marking option in the player instructions. Hard tackling and show onto weaker foot. Also have your wingers marking their fullbacks to help against the overlap.

Also have a gk with good aerial ability and command of area i guess.

i completely agree literally 90% of goals i concede and score are from crosses, the game has lost its realism it. must be a bug

i completely agree literally 90% of goals i concede and score are from crosses, the game has lost its realism it. must be a bug

do you notice this even ater the patch?

i agree with whats been said, marking wingers with full-backs and full-backs with wingers seems to work for me. but i havent made up my mind about tight marking. sometimes, with fullbacks on tight marking they end up marking a striker in the area and leave the far post open for the winger. so i mostly prefer man marking with no tight marking.

if you push up your d-line you might also bring down the amount of crossing, or simply how close strikers are to the goal and how many of them there are in front of goal. this does bring other problems, such as through balls in behind your defeders. so you really need to find the right balance between all these factors

Do you put in the OI, weaker foot? I have more problems with T-balls, no i don't think it's a bug

so bro whats your tactic against crossing scores? i am really suffering from that!

Try having your fullbacks tightly marking opposing wingers. Use the specific marking option in the player instructions. Hard tackling and show onto weaker foot. Also have your wingers marking their fullbacks to help against the overlap.
have you tried this an does it work and what formation?