Clince121188

Reaction score
Just played a game where I had 68% possession and 18 shots to my opponents 4 but ended up drawing 2-2.

The reason?

Set pieces!

What is your opinion on defending corners? I personally In Real Life consider Zonal Marking to be the best way to go, but I'm finding that it's less successful in FM13(Even when concentrating training on defending set pieces).

So what way do you go about defending against the inevitable loop hole of set pieces?

in real life man marking at corners is much much better:O just my opinion

I respect that you believe that(and that's what i would have thought previously aswell) but just about every stat shows that teams concede less goals when zonal marking at corners, which is why i don't understand why it's not working on FM

Stats mean nothign to the individidual and that's what a corner is, a battle of individuals. I just try to make sure my defenders have decent consentration, agression, jumping and headders. Like in real life, Set pieces are a bane of any side, 50% of the time, you're cursing the kick takers name, the other 50%, jumping around the place celebrating like a mad man.

As for the zonal vs man marking debate; neither works on their own, you want a mix of both but agasint the best players, they'll find a way past either unless you've a system in place to deal with him.

I respect that you believe that(and that's what i would have thought previously aswell) but just about every stat shows that teams concede less goals when zonal marking at corners, which is why i don't understand why it's not working on FM

i haven't looked at any stats however.... LALALALALALA im right your wrong, im big your small, im old your young and there is nothing you can do about it :)

not saying your wrong about what system to use mate, just that the stats show otherwise. Will try a mix of both maybe.