05aleer

Reaction score
Can someone please help me get my defence together on fm 2013 because at the moment they just seem all over the place and i would really appreciate the help.

Can someone please help me get my defence together on fm 2013 because at the moment they just seem all over the place and i would really appreciate the help.

Mate, to be able to help you, we need to know more about what you have tried so far. What team are you playing with, what approach, what formation. When you say all over the place, what exactly do you mean ?

Without this info, its really hard to say

Depends on many things.

Tell me which tactic you are using or at least which one you want to use!

I am not using a formation that someone else made so i cant tell what one i am using but when i say they are all over the place i mean even though i have told my full backs to defend they still bomb forward my centre backs are never in line with each other and they all play too far apart i have tried to fix things things by changing things in both their team and player instructions but nothing seems to work everything else about the tactics are good except for the defence and the goalkeeper i played(I have now been sacked) as blackburn we had 60%+ possession in almost every game game but we were sitting 20th in the championship in one game i had 68% possession but lost 3-0.

I am not using a formation that someone else made so i cant tell what one i am using but when i say they are all over the place i mean even though i have told my full backs to defend they still bomb forward my centre backs are never in line with each other and they all play too far apart i have tried to fix things things by changing things in both their team and player instructions but nothing seems to work everything else about the tactics are good except for the defence and the goalkeeper i played(I have now been sacked) as blackburn we had 60%+ possession in almost every game game but we were sitting 20th in the championship in one game i had 68% possession but lost 3-0.

Again, Its hard to say where you go wrong when we dont know your setup. Whats the formation, whats the approach within etc ?

4-2-3-1 Flat back four with 2CMs a CAM 2 wingers and a striker was what i used to lay but then i switched to 4-3-3 with the same setup just with a DM instead of a CAM and i seemed to concede more goals than before +
and my teamed plays a control approach.

4-2-3-1 Flat back four with 2CMs a CAM 2 wingers and a striker was what i used to lay but then i switched to 4-3-3 with the same setup just with a DM instead of a CAM and i seemed to concede more goals than before +
and my teamed plays a control approach.

Why not start of as simple as this

Rigid - Counter

View attachment 281813

This is an approach I have tried for the last editions of FM and it works really well.
When facing opponents sitting deep and defend and you need to stretch their defence, why not switch to Control and use "retain possession, Exploit flanks, overlaps, pass to feet, play out of defence
Naturally playing in the CCC, its not certain that your team is good enough to break down defensive opponents as most teams are of equal standard

I will try that thank you for your help.

Now, some major ME flaws makes it much harder to " read the game" so until these are fixed, you might still be in for some trouble. BUt the best way is as always to play some preseason matches in full mode and try to see the Wood for all the trees :D