cleanupkid

Reaction score
Any tips on defending?

Everton, I have Horn in goal, BAines, Coleman, Khacheridi, Papastathopoulos as defenders, Diawara as a BWM
Control tactic (All 3.5-4* players in roles to their strengths)

I seem to either draw 3-3, win 4-3, or lose 3-2

Has anyone got any tips?

Any tips on defending?

Everton, I have Horn in goal, BAines, Coleman, Khacheridi, Papastathopoulos as defenders, Diawara as a BWM

Has anyone got any tips?

ask Miles to fix match engine

crosses from wide are so deadly

if you're playing control, play with a fluid formation, push higher up and close down less

Last edited:
Any tips on defending?

Has anyone got any tips?

Details? In my save, I have conceded 22 in 34 games with 19 clean sheets in the prem. Need details on your tactics. I hardly concede crosses.

Its not just about having good/great players playing to their strengths. Its about having a system that works together as a whole.

What is the shape and the roles and duties throughout? Even if you have those 5 players forming a good defensive system, the rest of your squad being focused entirely on attacking would leave you exposed at times. The BWM can be a great role but its not a great defensive shield in midfield as he roams to chase the ball and will leave you defenders exposed thru the middle at times. Especially if there aren't MC roles to compensate. As well, your wide defenders being quite attacking can do the same on your flanks, especially if there are no wingers providing cover or support.

Look at the goals you are conceding. Where are they coming from? Where is the weakness? Finding a solution is more effective when you have properly analyzed the problem.

And this is a problem because .. ?

Like in real football, crosses are a viable attacking option. And you have to setup a good defense aganst them with the right tactics and the right players for the roles ..

Don't feed the troll.

@ the OP, if you want defending "tips", post your setup and the issues you have defending.

And this is a problem because .. ?

Like in real football, crosses are a viable attacking option. And you have to setup a good defense aganst them with the right tactics and the right players for the roles ..

tell me what is your bigest achivment in Beta

I won Premiership with Watford in first season,I know what I am speaking

70% conceded goals are from crosses,20 % from goalkeeper errors after cross and 10 % rest

tell me what is your bigest achivment in Beta

I won Premiership with Watford in first season,I know what I am speaking

70% conceded goals are from crosses,20 % from goalkeeper errors after cross and 10 % rest

Ok post screenshots of your Watford save please mate, the pics need to show the analysis of goals conceded.

Most of mine have actually come through the middle so far

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...e-i-am-fighting-premiership-first-season.html

it is all here

I am not at home at moment but you can see what type of goals i am receiving on You tube videos

I am wining the games but amount of stupid goals driving me crazy

Still a great achievement mate!

I'd say it may be because you have no wingers and are relying on your fullbacks getting forward to support which leaves space for opposition wingers and wing backs a load of room.

Try a different formation with wingers and see how you get on

If you set up in a way to concede from crosses, you will concede from crosses. Be less open in transition and you'll fare better regarding your percentages.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...e-i-am-fighting-premiership-first-season.html

it is all here

I am not at home at moment but you can see what type of goals i am receiving on You tube videos

I am wining the games but amount of stupid goals driving me crazy

Honestly, can you stop pimping out your YouTube series? You've spread it all across this site, and plenty of others.

It would be one thing if you made a decent video showcasing the tactic, but you just slapped up several hour-long videos that people have to skip through to find what they need.

Oh, and the tactic is terrible.

Honestly, can you stop pimping out your YouTube series? You've spread it all across this site, and plenty of others.

It would be one thing if you made a decent video showcasing the tactic, but you just slapped up several hour-long videos that people have to skip through to find what they ne

Oh, and the tactic is terrible.

who cares for you opinion I want to teach people how to play properly this game and have instant succes.

I dont need people who want just to download tactic.

Last edited: