Eckso

Reaction score
I'm unbeaten in 35 games, 7 clean sheets in a row. Completely dominated Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs etc but when it came to Man City, I outplayed them everywhere yet Tevez scored 4 goals to beat me 4-2.

I showed him onto his left foot and had both my centre-backs crunching the **** out of him yet the fat **** gets back up and slots it home.

I simply do not understand how Tevez can be so consistent no matter how you treat him on the pitch. How can I stop him?

Also, Man City are unbeaten in every competition so far this season apart from a single 2-0 loss to Bayern, because Tevez was sent off 2 minutes in.

like all top class players, if tevez has the ball, then you have already lost half teh battle. the key is to kill his supply, mark out the players setting him up

And let him rot in the reserves as a punishment for all he's done to you.

Superb idea, although, I'm Man Utd.

like all top class players, if tevez has the ball, then you have already lost half teh battle. the key is to kill his supply, mark out the players setting him up

I have Man City in the league now, I'll close down the 2 CMs and 2 wide men, see how that turns out.

Do what I do when I face them..

All the possible OI's on everyone except the GK and 2 CB's.. I usually beat them and get a clean sheet :)

Superb idea, although, I'm Man Utd.

I have Man City in the league now, I'll close down the 2 CMs and 2 wide men, see how that turns out.
watch the game, see who is getting the ball to him most. man mark then out the game

I'm 1-0 down to a penalty, which shouldn't have been a penalty but **** it Tevez had to score at some point.

60mins played, gonna put all the possible OI's on.

Sound advice Mike. Tevez is renound for his great strength and Pace so it is also crucial not to push to high up playing against him. Close him down too.

Edit: Which club are you managing?

I have Vidic and Shawcross at the back so I tend to play them fairly deep so that I don't get caught out by pacey strikers.

I've conceded 18 goals in 17 Premier League games, and I think most of them we're 35 yard-ers. How can I stop this?

I have Vidic and Shawcross at the back so I tend to play them fairly deep so that I don't get caught out by pacey strikers.

I've conceded 18 goals in 17 Premier League games, and I think most of them we're 35 yard-ers. How can I stop this?

I would say To make sure you stay relatively deep and adopt a more rigid style of play, Make sure your players don't roam and be sure to play a DM in front of your CB partnership, Perhaps in a 4-1-2-1-2 Diamond formation.

Also listen to your assistants feedback at half time and throughout the game. He will tell you how to cope with individuals.

I'm currently playing a 442 (Raikan007's) but I'm not sure if it suites my Man Utd team as such, even though he created it for Man Utd. I don't like the sound of playing Rooney as a Poacher, far too many aspects of his game are cancelled out.

This.

Nullifying the supply makes it difficult for him to drop back from man-marking centre halves and get a good chance on goal. He will always do the audacious, and cut back if he has the supply, so the likes of Silva, Milner and Yaya Toure must be stopped.

I'm trying to create a solid 4-1-3-2 formation that suits my team. Any advice on making this tactic actually work? Every time I create a tactic it goes **** up.

putting all the OI's on sometimes makes it worse, there will be too many instructions floating about and you will confuse the team. keep it simple - close down good passers etc.

I stopped him while managing my Coventry team ! In match preparation to the game work on defensive positioning excessively (High workload) and then man mark and put hard tackling on Tevez, tight marking and high tackling on their main play maker and hassle opponents on match instructions.

Kept him at bay when I played them and I did the double on them in my first season in the prem ! Now i'm their manager...

annan....assassin to take him out..he would die for you, great player...unique

I'm trying to create a solid 4-1-3-2 formation that suits my team. Any advice on making this tactic actually work? Every time I create a tactic it goes **** up.

Strangely, every time I make a tactic, it works well. However, I've never played as Man Utd, so I can't help you with a tactic for them, but a 4-1-3-2 seems like it'd suite well.