Jakey2303

Reaction score
Hi there, so I have decided to play with three at the back with my Derby team and I was looking for tips on how to defend whilst playing with three at the back. Anything on marking type, opposition instructions, defensive line etc would be greatly appreciated.

I used to play a 3-5-2 with Juventus so I can help a bit. I set the back three like this

BPD (D) BPD (C) BPD(D). And it works quite well. The cover one should be set on zonal marking. The 2 other as you wish. I never use OI so that it's up to you. And I played with a high defensive line, two click after a "normal" line.
Hope it's help. If you want more help, why don't you put a screenshot of your tactic?

Hi there, so I have decided to play with three at the back with my Derby team and I was looking for tips on how to defend whilst playing with three at the back. Anything on marking type, opposition instructions, defensive line etc would be greatly appreciated.

have a look at my 3-3-3-1 tactic, you could get some ideas about utilizing the 3 CB's

with 3 cbs in the back, you should set your side cbs to zonal marking so they don't get dragged out of position by inside cutting forwards which is really a popular tactic especially with 2-3-1 and 3-3 offenses. Set your middle defender to man to man marking so that he can cover the guy entering the box or more likely man up against the dangerous AMC. Having pacey defenders is even more important when playing 3 cbs in the back. especially since they don't have rb/lb backup. If you want to go super defensive, have a look at 3 cb 2wb and 1 dm. This really makes it tough for offenses to intrude, and the wingbacks give you additional coverage width on the pitch.

Plz, could some1 do or give a link to tactic which is used in the debut winning Inter over Genoa (3-5-2)?
Many thanks!

I used to play a 3-5-2 with Juventus so I can help a bit. I set the back three like this

BPD (D) BPD (C) BPD(D). And it works quite well. The cover one should be set on zonal marking. The 2 other as you wish. I never use OI so that it's up to you. And I played with a high defensive line, two click after a "normal" line.
Hope it's help. If you want more help, why don't you put a screenshot of your tactic?

I also play Juve, do you send me your tactic?