peterprickett

Reaction score
I am still having problems with my defensive line. How high a d-line do you find works best with an attacking style? More importantly, what sort of closing down should the CB have? I play with a back 4, full backs have mixed forward runs. There is one holding midfielder and one with mixed settings, they are currently closing down always to try and deny the midfielders space, should I change this? Can anyone give me a hand? Goalscoring is not a problem, but the 3-3 draws do get on my nerves.

I am still having problems with my defensive line. How high a d-line do you find works best with an attacking style? More importantly, what sort of closing down should the CB have? I play with a back 4, full backs have mixed forward runs. There is one holding midfielder and one with mixed settings, they are currently closing down always to try and deny the midfielders space, should I change this? Can anyone give me a hand? Goalscoring is not a problem, but the 3-3 draws do get on my nerves.

Screenie on your team instructions and formations :)

I think the problem is your so open in between your back four and your midfield, and as you don't have anyone playing on the left or right of midfield you'll be open on the wings as well. I would try and play De Jong as DMC and play him with an arrow facing down, whilst having your DL and DR with arrows facing up. And have your MC with an arrow facing up as well. Kind of like Lee's Liverpool tactic.

For away games I play with the wingers tucked back as midfielders. I sometimes deploy the fullbacks as wing backs. The most annoying problem is the straight ball over the top. One of the midfielders is used as a playmaker, which is why he hasn't got a forward arrow. I need to sign someone better for the role. I feel the issue is the closing down. I have fiddled with the central defenders and things have improved slightly. The central midfielders are the ones that need work now.