FM15

Reaction score
Someone tell me how to ******* defend, concede about 4 a game, tried a few tactics and it doesnt work, i have good players and came 12th but still conceded the most in the league, this season its even worse i need help

One thing I did is checked my team report to check where the assists was coming from, found out a lot of assissts were coming from crosses down the flanks, i started using OIs to close down wingers and full backs

Then you've got to give people something to work with, not just 'tell me how to defend'.
Well i dont really know what to say, I have good defenders but still concede 3+ most games

One thing I did is checked my team report to check where the assists was coming from, found out a lot of assissts were coming from crosses down the flanks, i started using OIs to close down wingers and full backs
theyre coming equally from every area

what formation, tactics style of play do you use?

what formation, tactics style of play do you use?
I've tried a lot, 4231, 433, 41212, 41221, all have been tried with different instructions, and on attacking and counter, all of them had full familiarity and i give each at least about 5 games and still the same every time

We can't help you improve anything because you're not providing anything. We need specifics to help

Helpful tip: Instruct your wingers to mark the opposite fullback, thank me later.

I have tried a lot of formations, they have all been 4 at the back, the main one used though was 4231 with wingers and they were CMs not DMs, I had it on attacking, full backs support, defensive box to box, advanced playmaker, inside forwards, shadow striker, complete forward, lower tempo, pass into space, retain possession, close down more, tight marking, get stuck in, play out of defence, tried for about 40 games and conceded at least 2 in about 30 of them, all my defenders are good/leading prem ones too

also tried a counter 4222, this didnt help

We can't help you improve anything because you're not providing anything. We need specifics to help
I have tried a lot of formations, they have all been 4 at the back, the main one used though was 4231 with wingers and they were CMs not DMs, I had it on attacking, full backs support, defensive box to box, advanced playmaker, inside forwards, shadow striker, complete forward, lower tempo, pass into space, retain possession, close down more, tight marking, get stuck in, play out of defence, tried for about 40 games and conceded at least 2 in about 30 of them, all my defenders are good/leading prem ones too

also tried a counter 4222, this didnt help

Try changing the box to box to a cm-d or a defense minded role, i use the same formation but in the middle i use a cm-d and dlp-support.

Another way you can stop the amount of goals you're conceding is by watching highlights of opponent attacks. watch where they start how they expose your defense.

Btw you've provided information which better tacticians than me can help you with now

defending from crosses is really ruining this game for me 99 per cent of the goals i concede are from them and no matter what i do just cant stop them

anyone any tips please?