kop4life

Reaction score
I honestly don't know what to do about my defense. I'm Liverpool right now and I haven't won in honestly 8 games. All draws and losses. The problem is that it seems like all of the goals the opponent scores on me are all low crosses, or through balls that my defenders just stare at and let the enemy get them. I play with a back four of enrique, kelly, agger and johnson. I just don't understand why this happens :(. Help please!!!!!

We need more info! Formation/team/instructions/screenshots of your back 4 :)

Im away from my computer right now but i have agger as a short passing ball playing defender, with kelly the same thing
i have both enrique and johnson as supporting full backs, short passing i have lucas as an anchor man, allen as a dlp defend, with sterling, and wellington nem as inside forwards. Isco as ap and borini as poacher.
i generally have my players push up and i play with control

I had this problem too when I began, managed to pretty much solved it now though. I'll be able to try and help better if I can see your player instructions, but can you remember what you have set for 'closing down' in the team instructions?

Kelly isn't really suited as BPD, but Agger is. I'd play the latter as BPD, and Kelly as a normal CD. You could probably also try to drop the 'short passing' instruction, as this will often lead the defenders to look for short passes when a clearance might be more appropriate.

If you're conceding a lot of goals on crosses, you could try to set your full backs to man mark the AML/AMR on the opposition (avoid tight marking if their wingers are quick). If they don't play with AML/AMR, try setting the full backs to zonal defending.

If you're conceding a lot of goals on through passes, try setting Agger as BPD-Stopper and Kelly as CD-Cover.

You must have a high line with a pretty slow CB pairing. Reina's not the best either play with a deeper line to stop the through balls and will help with the crosses aswell. Maybe even play one of your CB's as a central defender with the cover role.

Btw i sold Reina and bought and Ter-Stegen
I also suck at scoring goals (Suarez is injured)