demonguy

Reaction score
Okay, I have a newcastle team who are doing very well in the league, but when i come up against bigger teams away from home, I'm a bit hit and miss. I always use 4-4-2, but I want a 4-5-1 that I can use when my 4-4-2 is running out of ideas.
I just want to know the general rules for using a 4-5-1, what roles should be used (in general) and stuff like that. For example, wth the 4-4-2, Max's tactical guide helped me a lot, So something like that? ^^)

My smash and grab 4-5-1 formation works very well for smaller teams playing strong opposition.

Click the link in my sig.

See, i don't want to download anything, due to this not being my computer for 1, and for 2, I want to play with my own tactics.
I just want some general pointers, like the roles I should play, the team instructions that work best with a 4-5-1 etc.

get a striker who can play as a complete forward and a good playmaker. That is all i can help you with, sorry.

use a complete forward or if u cant get one use deep lying forward(support). both AMRL should be inside forwards(attack). for the 2 mids i would use the combination of advanced playmaker(attack) and box-to-box midfielder. def mid should be a good anchor man(defend).

so far those setting are working perfectly with my leverkusen save, just started 3rd season.

Be careful using 2 inside forwards as it can sometimes lead to overcrowding in the middle, however with 1 striker upfront it should be ok