Striker122

Reaction score
im playing first season as plymouth argyle(my local side) i have made a decent 4-4-2 tactic
GK
RB(D) CB(D) CB (D) LB(D)
Winger (S) Advanced Deep lying Winger (S)
play maker (S) Playmaker (S)
Target man (S) Poacher ( A )
i had a similier tactic in football manager 10 but it was 4-2-4 and with the right players i was able to get teams from league 2 to the prem fairly easily, back to FM11 i have my defenders set to zonal marking and the default on closing down i play fairly wide and quite high up the pitch i tested playing deeper (due to my CB not having very good pace) but that made things worse , my whole team should be good enough to win league 1 and finish in a safe possition in the champ, im currently 11th was predicted 4th and my expectation was playoffs my GD is +1 scored 38 let in 37 and advice will be helpfull

thanks

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 04:05 PM ----------

Anyone got any tips i desperatly need them, i have been testing switching the defenders to man mark but that didnt really change anything, im still letting easy goals in and drawing or losing games i should easily be winning

Last edited:
Perhaps you could experiment with cover and/or stopper roles for your CBs. Also what about putting your FBs on support, and having a defensive midfielder? IMO having 2 playmakers is not a good idea. In your basic team set up one central midfielder should have attack role and the other support/defend.

thanks i have just changed my full backs to support and changed my deep lying playmaker to a ball winning midfielder ill give it a try shortly