Defensive corners!

poweriess

Hey guys im currently in my first season with Everton and im doing amazingly! Joint first in the league, 2nd most goals scored and least conceded, ive currently only let in 11 goals in the league in 20 games but the big concern for me is about 6 of them have been from corners or of the result of corners, so im asking for your guys help on defending corner set pieces, what are the best defending corner set pieces you have used?

p.s ive used Jassars and they didnt work for me, also dont suggest using defensive set pieces match training and i want to use def positioning, finally if anyone has any good attacking set pieces once again not jassars it would be much appreciated but its not necessary mainly need the defensive settings. Thanks!

View attachment 345932

Last edited:
also dont suggest using defensive set pieces match training and i want to use def positioning,

I honestly think that is the problem mate. You cant expect the team to know how to deal with defensive set-pieces if you never work on it in training. It's like sacking all your GK coaches and wondering why you GK's aren't improving.

IRL, I was a goalkeeper and I'd often have a go at my manager for giving out to us for doing badly at Set-pieces despite us never working on them in training.

In FM, after 4-5 weeks intot he season, I start to work on Set pieces since They've had a month + pre-season to settle into the attacking movements I want. Don't stick to the same "general training" (or if you do, use Balanced) otherwise you'll have a team that's very skilled in one area but severely lacking in others.

You should have one of your scouts assigned to provide Opposition Scouting Reports throughout the season. He'll tell you when to concentrate your training on Defensive Set-Pieces or Attacking Movement or whatever he thinks best to protect against each team's strengths or to exploit their weaknesses. Just follow his advice.

But also make sure that your central defenders are all tall and strong in the air, and set individual marking instructions for all of your players according to height, marking ability and aerial ability - with your shorter, nippier players further up to hit the opposition on the break. Put your full-backs on the posts. When you get the hang of that, you'll be able to input similarly good instructions for attacking set-pieces, too.

Back