croatsouljah

Reaction score
Just curious but has anyone ever used a defensive forward and/or winger in there tactics before?

i use dave nugent and rooney as defensive fowards, because its the way they play in life, always chasing the ball and trying to put the back 4 under pressure, and ive played tom cleverly as a defensive winger, he done really well there.

Hang on... Defensive Forward, that contridicts itself

No, it doesn't. Does Attacking Midfielder - Support contradict itself then?

Used defensive wingers before to add balance, never got it working too well. Never used a defensive forward.

Never used either of them - never really seen the point in it.

No, it doesn't. Does Attacking Midfielder - Support contradict itself then?

Used defensive wingers before to add balance, never got it working too well. Never used a defensive forward.

OK gd point, just never came across it before

Would they hold the ball up a lot and close down a lot more then..?

I used Marcell Jansen as a defensive winger in my Sc Freiburg save. I have never used a Defensive Forward though...

I must say defensive foward is great with one striker up front.

lol I tried it for a match and im like half way through it and my striker has bagged 2 goals already.

Ive been previously having problems with my strikers not scoring etc

I've played fellani as a defensive forward once during a injury crisis, got man of the match twice in 6 games.

i used a defensive forward next to an deeplaying forward and he scored a lot, and got into chances as well,

I've only tried the defensive winger, but it wasn't any good for me. I think that the tactic setup for the team needs to be right for the role to work

Defensive winger works OK if you're looking hold a lead, or tracking a fullback. Park as mentioned plays well as defensive winger. Pretty much the role Fergie plays him IRL.

Jelle Vossen is a good defensive forward for anyone interested. Can be bought for 3m at the start of a save.

Last edited:
I have a underdog tactic set up with defensive wingers in support roles. The wide midfielders play well bc it allows them the attacking freedom to get forward and cross but also makes them have to get back and play defense due to the way the role is set up within the tactic.

I wouldnt advise the role for an attacking minded tactic