Leslie1207

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've been having some issues with my defence. Basically, my back four are susceptible to being sucked out to the player with the ball which then creates gaps that the top teams in the league are exploiting. I'm currently Wolfsburg and top of the league after about 18 games. I've tried the "stand-off more" tactic but that doesn't seems to be helping. My defense isn't the greatest but not bad:

LB: Marcel Schafer
CB: Simon Kjaer
CB: Arne Friedrich
RB: Sascha Riether

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

If you want your players not to dive into tackles, try "Stay on Feet" and change each of your defenders' "Tackling" manually to "Easy" during the match so that it doesn't change according to your general tactics but always stays "Easy" tackling.

But if you just want them to stop closing down the opposition players, "stand-off more" should help, don't know why it's not. But also change each defender's "Closing Down" manually to "Own Area" rather than "Whole Pitch" or "Own Half" or maybe tell fullbacks to close down in Own Half but Centrebacks only in Own Area... Play a deeper defensive line, make sure you're NOT marking players who like to move freely all around the pitch like Cristiano Ronaldo or Rooney and if you HAVE to, put a wide midfielder on them. Problem with marking such players is that the defender will stay with them which will leave gaps in defence. In fact, I only ever mark strikers who don't drift from their positions.

Last edited: