Edpayasugo

Reaction score
Hi, I'm United on the LFCMarshall 2012 update, I'd like a new defensive midfielder, I really like Vidal and had an offer accepted but he wouldn't join me.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Ideally he would be robust defensively and be able to play the ball.

As an aside, I had wanted to play two passers and try and sit deep and get the ball to my forwards quickly, negating the need for a real defensive midfielder (I wanted Carrick to intercept and then pass forward and Scholes to pass) but City battered me in the season opener. I had read that 4-2-3-1 seemed to work quite well with this sort of ideology; does any have any experience of making this work?

Thanks.

I've just started as United too and I'm signing Lars Bender. He's much better at tackling than David Hubert but lacks creativity, so it depends on how you want your team to play. He's also much more expensive than Hubert I'd imagine and he demands around £60K p/w and a transfer fee of around £9-10 mil. I don't really like 4-2-3-1 as I never have success with it. Carrick is already a good passer for that deep midfield role so I think a more defensive DM would be suitable to go along side that maybe. But Hubert has brilliant creativity for a DM if you really need a passer.

THanks, I'm checking these out now.

I had considered Bender, but he didn't seem that great.

Is David Hubert spelt correctly? he is not coming up on the search, what club is he at?

Thanks.

I'd recommend Sven Bender or John Mikel Obi. Both of which are on my Dortmund save and are insanely beast when used in tandem DM roles!

Hubert is at Genk I think. My update is the latest LFC Marshall update and I dont have that league loaded where ever Genk are from (Belgium I think), so you should be able to find him. But his passing isn't that great, only 11.

Cant go wrong with Geoffrey Kondogbia (RC Lens), he's a complete tank and will be that creative DM you're looking for.

Etienne Capoue or Casemiro will be class signings alongside a Carrick

Thanks for the help, I have added Belgium leage 1 and looked through their players but there is no David Hubert, nothing comes up on player search either!

Fernando from gremio turns into one of best DM in the game release clause about 3-5m cant remember!

This is odd, there is no Fernando at Gremio (Serie A) either. I've spent a good while checking for both of them and I am sure that they are not there.

Is it because I choose database size as small?

ye its because its small db but his releause clause is 7.5mil