klink

Reaction score
Hello, i'm Borussia Dortmund, currently being number 2 in the bundesliga after 7 games. But a huge problem i got, is my defense. Currently im playing with the following:

Owomoyela(back, support) Subotic(Ballplaying defender, stopper) Hummels (ballplaying defender, stopper) Dede(back, support)

None of them got good acceleration ect.

My match preperation bars are filled up, and i've already tried with them both being a standard defender, defend - with no succes. My team instruction is standard, (backs being zone defense, center backs being man marking)

dont play with two ball playing defenders, it never works unless they make 0 mistakes...which doesnt tend to happen too often unless you have concentration / decisions / composure at atleast 19+ =D.
Also you have 2 stoppers which means they press forward to meet the man on the ball, meaning your going to be exposed esp seeing how dortmund are slow are 2 grapes on a vine.
Also id just like to add a tip, if your playing a DMC, then tackling isnt overly important for defenders (arguably) so having even 1 stopper isnt relevant, yet if you do with to use a stopper use another defender in conjuction with him as a cover, my examples are dunne/cuellar/collins - davies; pace- bravery-decisions and concentration (except dunne xD!) accomponied with pace from davies (top defender on the game anyway.)

you shouldn't play with 2 ballplaying defenders and you should definitely not play with 2 stoppers.

Conclusion: Only one ballplaying defender, and both as defend?

I can only give an evaluation of what youve told me, i cant make a decision but i wouldnt have 2 ball playing defenders =)

Or you can try a stopper/cover-combo. And maybe set none as ballplaying