iFortunatus

Reaction score
are there any good defensively sound tactics out there, I like to win games 1-0 2-0 etc rather than 5-3 4-2 I've tried many time and failed to create one of these, searching I can't see one anywhere?

are there any good defensively sound tactics out there, I like to win games 1-0 2-0 etc rather than 5-3 4-2 I've tried many time and failed to create one of these, searching I can't see one anywhere?
This is the discussion area where we discuss and learn about tactics, tactical elements and tactic creation.

You're looking for this: What tactic should I use on FM 15?

It's still active. People just tend to look for tactics themselves instead of asking others to do it for them.

On the flip side, build your own? There are a few that'll be glad to clarify anything or provide advice.

It's still active. People just tend to look for tactics themselves instead of asking others to do it for them.

On the flip side, build your own? There are a few that'll be glad to clarify anything or provide advice.

I've been looking but everyone seems to want to make a you score 1 we score 2 tactic, or tactics made for top 4 teams only.

I've also tried creating one defensively sound more times than i can remember, on previous FM's i nailed it but can't get close on this one. I've also searched all over google for defensive guides etc but not found much

First and foremost, you need a defensive formation, combine that with a defensive mentality and start from there. Roles should be fairly simple too.

I've been looking but everyone seems to want to make a you score 1 we score 2 tactic, or tactics made for top 4 teams only.

I've also tried creating one defensively sound more times than i can remember, on previous FM's i nailed it but can't get close on this one. I've also searched all over google for defensive guides etc but not found much
Making a solid tactic will be the same through all FM versions. You don't sound like you want a defensive tactic though, you just want a solid one. The advice above is decent. Select a defensive formation and a Defensive or Counter mentality. Work from there.

The issue with defensive tactics is you invite opposition possession/chances, ive found a balanced tactic with simple solid defenders with good physical/mental attributes sacrificing technical attributes is the best way to keep down goals.