Stafish

Reaction score
Hello.

Am I the only one here who finds it difficult to create a decent defensive tactic?
I've been playing with Atletico on FM16 now, trying to recreate or even improve on the work that the great Diego Simeone has done there.

But in this game (and the last few FM games for that sake) I find it very dificult to create a good, solid defensive tactic. I've been making quite a few winning tactics, but they're all based on attacking posession football.

So why is it that FM makes it easy to play like Barcelona, even with lesser teams, but getting results based on a solid defence and quick counter attacking play is **** near impossiple?

I mean, some of the greatest managers in the world has a strong defence as their main priority. Simeone, Mourinho, LVG, Benitez, Klopp and Ancelotti are all managers who values a strong defence over posession.
And also when you look at teams who on paper should not perform as good as they do, it's 9 times outta 10 because they keep players on the right side of the ball, and focus on good counter attacks and set pieces.

So I guess my question to you guys is. Do you find it as difficult as I do to create good defensive tactics? Or do you have a good tactic based on a solid foundation at the back?

Well in the same boat as u. I'm also hoping for the same answer. I guess I will be monitoring these thread too.