zablore

Reaction score
... has anyone had any success?

I had hoped the new ME would allow for a Simeone/Mourinho inspired tactic however I've so far struggled to get close!

I'm particularly struggling with stopping teams getting into the box.

Would love to have a defensive tactic but also no luck yet. Does anybody have a good one?
Cheers

The ME is quite broke on this game. It's almost impossible to defend on FM21. Long balls and counter attacks has no way to prevent. Let's wait the next patch to see if they fix this issue.

I'm manager of Middlesbrough in the Prem after getting promoted via the play-offs. I use this tactic for most away games as well as against the bigger teams. It can usually grind out a draw or 1-0/2-1 win so is good if you're one of the weakest teams in the league. Against the big boys I usually lose by 1-2 goals but rarely do we get hammered so it's good to keep goal diff down. The problem lies with scoring. It doesn't get many goals and has a low xG. I'll put it here in the hope that someone can improve on that aspect of it.

Attachments

• Cautious 4-4-1-1 - Custom.fmf
    42.5 KB · Views: 273
I have produced a defensive tactic that is fantastically solid. It's still in development as we are uninventive in attack, but I'm sitting 2nd in the Spanish Second Division with Sporting Gijon, with by far the best defensive record in the league. We went 7 matches without conceding. Walkerrr14 on Steam if you want to discuss. My philosophy is to sit narrow in a Christmas tree formation, and allow the opposition to have the ball outside of us, but not in between us.