puckinfissed

Reaction score
Hi,

I prefer defence to attack, i would much rather take a 1-0 win over a 5-2.. I love keeping clean sheets.

I'll admit I'm not the greatest at making tactics on FM 2011 and don't completely understand the tactical side of the game, as I only recently have started playing FM after playing cm0102 for all these years!

Is there any tactics out there that keeps a lot of clean sheets?

I am currently playing with Stade Rennais and I use a 4-2-1-2-1 tactic with counter instructions. I am currently first in the league 1 and didn't concede a goal. However I've only played 6 games

thanks.

Whats the best formation to start with, other than 5 at the back..

I've tried making formations with say 4231 or 4222 but they never seem to work..

thanks.

Whats the best formation to start with, other than 5 at the back..

I've tried making formations with say 4231 or 4222 but they never seem to work..

As always, the best formation is the ones that lest you play to the strength of your players without letting the AI exploit your weaknesses.

If you have poor fullbacks, then perhaps you have to use Defensive Wingers or at least Wingers on support duty. The same actually goes for the attack, When using the players to their best, you automatically get a better defence. If they have settings they cant handle and loose the ball when your team is pushing forward, you are bound to concede more. I they have settings that might be defensively sound but limits their attacking moves, then you wont be able to push back the opponent enough and then you miss the opportunity to score AND, perhaps give the opponent a boost in confidence instead of making them nervous etc.