Del Piero leaving juventus !! what should he do ?

What should Del Piero do at the end of the season

• Retire from football and accept a role behind the scenes from Juventus.

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Move to another Italian club

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Move to europe or the MLS

Votes: 13 46.4%

• Total voters

KingSheva

Reaction score
As many of you may be aware Juventus president Andrea Agnelli recently confirmed club legend Alessandro Del Piero will not have his contract renewed at the end of the season. If rumours are to believed, he has however, been offered the options of becoming a youth coach with Juventus or joining the board in a role similar to Pavel Nedved's.

Other rumours persist of Del Piero being offered a premier league swansong as well as offers from the MLS and other italian clubs.

I for one simply can not imagine Del Piero wanting to play for anyone else and feel he is almost certain to have been forced to retire. I was wondering other peoples opinion on what option he should take.

Let him take a big payday in the MLS imo. If anyone deserves a lot of money for dominating **** players, it's him.

Go out to the UAE or something like Cannavaro, take a big 1/2 year deal and retire a happy man.

Like Dunc said, I think he should move to MLS. I wouldn't be surprised though if he signed for someone like AC Milan or even Padova.

He should sign with Fulham and help Jol in his objective to take the squad average age down.

I'm sure he'll still want to play football, would love to see him at Milan. Inzaghi and Del Piero up front <3

Do like Henry, Marquez and Beckham. Go to the MLS and retire there. He deserves it.

Doubt Milan will go after him. Galliani has said many times that they are trying to cut down average age of the squad. Only old senators left are allowed to play until they retire.

He's awesome player and he should go to MLS or UAE. BUT I think he'll join the Juve board like Nedved or join coaching staff.

He should retire. What a legend though, he'd dominate the MLS if he went there.

Its shocking the way Juve are treating him, just look how Roma are treating Totti and thats the way to do it.

Its shocking the way Juve are treating him, just look how Roma are treating Totti and thats the way to do it.

Could not agree more, after what he has sacrificed for Juventus i.e staying in seria B and draging them through so many rough patches he should have the right to decide when to retire.

i would mind a MLS deal for him (get him red bulls ;) ), but imo, i want him to retire too. i dont fancy him moving to a ntoehr italian club.

As a Juve fan living in Australia I really hope he will come play A-League (I can dream can't I?)

Love to see him in the Prem but I think he should go to a league were he could shine 1 or 2 more seasons like Raul. But I can see him becoming a good manager

Just saw this, he is one of Juventus' biggest earners and rightfully so in the fans opinion. But as the squad evolves ADP will eventually be edged out and no one at Juventus wants that, he has accepted in the past 2-3 years a more of a backseat role and he would come in for a few games but is by no means a starter any more.

The bitter taste that I'm left with is Agnelli, he has waited 3 years to do this and he's chosen the moment when the club is strong and can afford to brush this under the proverbial carpet. He attempted to oust Del Piero when he signed Amauri but when the goals didn't come and performances dropped he decided against it. The feud between the two of them in private is something which does alienate Agnelli from the Juve fans.

Also bit of news - He wont retire, according to Nedved and a close friend/former footballer, and he has stated that he will not move for the money - he doesn't need it, believe me - there is murmur's that he is considering an offer from the Japanese League.

He's more of a Raul than a Rivaldo, he'll try to get a move to another league for a fresh start in my opinion. Would not rule out Malaga or PSG, French or Spanish league moves are my bet. I suspect a slightly higher level move than the one Trezeguet secured to Hercules. Sion are showing interest and that would appeal to ADP, but I can't see that move going ahead without at least a £50,000 a week salary.

He'll never be forgotten, club legend who's legacy will be remembered more than any owner or director ever has. Don't expect to see him in the Premier League though, I think he knows the style is tough enough and a mid level Premier League club wouldn't appeal to him. Unless he gets a call from Mancini/Ferguson, can not see him moving to England.

Word on the Totti comparison - Totti is of a different mentality entirely to ADP, he still thinks he is the main man at Roma and will not accept a deeper role and is struggling to accept a squad role. ADP accepted those things years ago and has been a better player for it, yet Totti still holds the burden of the Roman public and they expect him to play like he did when he was 27. Enrique found out when he tried to edge him out that it is a hard task to make Totti and Roma fans accept Totti needs to take a lesser role within the first team.

Last edited:
“I have to confess a secret. I love the Premier League. What a great league. Of course I would like to play there before retiring.”

Obviously talking about the Scottish Premier League :p