theApprentice

Reaction score
Spoiler of Alli's CA

Is it possible that Alli have only 153 as CA?!
He have less than Ziyech, Adrien Silva, Fejsa, Bruno Soriano, Joao Moutinho, Lucas Biglia and other players that aren't better than him. Am I the only think that this is crazy??

Last edited:
Different roles for the most part ^

Next time you are going to inform about CA or PA notify that in the headline. A lot of us dont want to know these things about the players. After such an information it is hard to be objective about a player I for example really like.

He have less than Ziyech, Adrien Silva, Fejsa, Bruno Soriano, Joao Moutinho, Lucas Biglia and other players that aren't better than him. Am I the only think that this is crazy??

Use this function next time

As others have said, not cool to post CA or PA without warning.

One thing to remember is that CA by itself is not going to dictate how "good" a player is in the game. Distribution of skills does. You could theoretically have a 200 CA striker who isn't that good as a striker because the required attributes for that aren't great and attributes that aren't really required or don't make much difference as a striker are high. So you can't really say someone is "better" because of a higher CA. FM isn't that simple.

Often see people quibble over one attribute for a player. But again, FM isn't that simple. Its about how they perform in-game. Especially with an AI manager. If they perform well in-game, then upping one or two attributes a couple of points could actually make them overpowered and unrealistic.

I don't have FM in front of me to look at Alli. But as a whole, I don't see a huge issue with a CA in that range. I would guess that CA would put him in the top 5-8 players of that position in England. Which seems realistic. He has been pretty outstanding for Spurs but hasn't really shone as much for England. I'm not sure he is yet deserving to be the best all around AMC in the EPL.

You are comparing him against a number of players who essentially different positions. Not the most valid point of comparison. Another factor is that a lot of those players are mid 20s or later, so less likely to develop further. Alli should still have room to grow. In time, he should probably develop into the best attacking mid in England, or very close to it. If his CA is 10-15 points higher, then he is either pretty much at his PA and cannot get any better - unrealistic for a 21 year old - or he has a PA very close to max. And the latter would mean he is / can become a generational talent on par with the very best ever to play MC / AMC. And I'm not sure anyone views him that way, except maybe a few Spurs supporters.

My apologize for unveiling the CA of Alli, doesn't know about that..

I play online's tournaments, so consider the CA cause it's the only thing that matter..

You're right bigpapa, probably only Ziyech is a good comparison for role (cc's with offensive duty) and age (24).
Now thinking about a better comparison we can take Sergej Milinkovic-Savic from SS Lazio. I'm italian so observed very well the player, and he's pretty good.. potentially he could be one of the best offensive midfielder in the world in the future but.... last year he had the first very good season of his career, scoring 7 and serving 10 assists. He also didn't play in European competitions, 0 caps with Serbia.. I'll not say if his CA is higher or lower then Alli, it's not this the point.. but italian researcher increased his CA a lot.
Alli played in the BPL, maybe the must difficult league in the world.. he scored 18 goals, served 9 assists and bring Tottenham (together with Kane, Eriksen ecc..) at the 2nd place. Not a good season in Champions/Europa League? Yes, as all Tottenham players..

In my opinion, he's probably one of the best interpreter of the role that Pochettino gives him. Already at 21!
And this is not reflected in his CA, that was incremented only of 3 points..

Sorry for my bad english.. hope it's understandable..

No need to apologize for your English. its fine.

Milinkovic-Savic is a very good comparative for Alli.

WARNING - CA / PA info in the spoilers
Alli - 152 CA 175 PA
Milinkovic-Savic - 154 CA 172 PA

On FM17
Alli - 150 CA 170 PA
Milinkovic Savic - 137 CA 160 PA

Milinkovic Savic got a bigger bump between 17 and 18. But that makes sense since he had a breakout season. Just like Alli did after his first season with Tottenham. That got him a pretty good bump at that point too from what he was with MK Dons. But I can understand why the Tottenham researcher didn't give him a notable bump. Alli scored more last year, but he didn't take a major step forward as a player. And again, he didn't excel in continental competition or as much for England. Those can be downplayed, but its a reality. Having a CA in the 160 range starts to be a world class player (as stated before, attribute distribution matters). I'm not sure Alli is seen as that quite yet.

At the start, he has the 3rd highest CA in the England squad. Behind Kane and Dier. He is already one of the best English players, with his "low" starting CA.

As I stated before, its how he plays that matters most of all. Just ran a sim into March of 2018. Alli has 28 matches, 13 goals, 6 assists, and 6 POM, with a 7.47 average rating. That's pretty freaking outstanding. His CA has increased to 159. Given his age, he will almost certainly develop into a world class player (as he's expected to in reality) and if he maxes his CA to match his PA, won't be far from a generational talent in-game.

Spoiler of Alli's CA

Moutinho won 1 Europa League, champion in Portuguese and French league, European champion for Portugal that contributes for a better CA... alli is just a wonderkid...just because tonight he scored twice vs Real madrid doesn't make him the better. SI always favors english teams EPL and their players. All other leagues are neglected AF.

So, here we go again with English footballers being the next big thing...

I remember FM a few years ago, when the Portuguese teams where feeding the big European clubs with great talent but would have lousy regens and players development. After some years in FM, all those teams where full of foreign players with dubious quality and all those mid table teams had players to play in champions league.

So, here we go again with English footballers being the next big thing...

I remember FM a few years ago, when the Portuguese teams where feeding the big European clubs with great talent but would have lousy regens and players development. After some years in FM, all those teams where full of foreign players with dubious quality and all those mid table teams had players to play in champions league.

The entire regen system has been up for debate ever since I have started playing FM :D. At this point I am almost certain it's complete RNG. And it always seems to be on a certain position. The game will always be flooded attackers who can end up being insane. However I have had games where Bale was playing left back for Man City untill he retired at the ripe old age of 34. Mainly because there were no half decent regens for wing back positions.