Demanding contracts

DavidByrne

Reaction score
I'm in 2015 but my contract ran out in 2013. Despite this Stuart Pearce-like inclination, the legality of which isn't really in question - me and the chairman could technically be put in jail for it probably -, it is also INCREDIBLY annoying! I don't want to leave, but I could have sworn there was a way to demand a new contract.

Each season, for the past four years, I've won the Premiership with Arsenal and the press have asked me if I was going to sign a new contract. I've always said "I love it here, love it, and am going to take the club to bigger and better things." Perchance the board have misinterpreted this as "I hate it here, I don't want a new contract, I want to live my life on £30K a week until I die." I don't know what's happened.

Am I wrong in saying there's a way to demand a new contract? You'd have thought it'd be in the Confidence section...but all that is there is the board saying they love me...so why don't they show it?!!

I dont think you can demand a contract to be honest. It sounds like a bug in the game to me although I could be wrong. Ive never had a problem with contracts, although if i was still at the club i wanted to be at it wouldnt bother me if i had a contract or not. But I'll agree with you its gotta be annoying!!

On my Barcelona game there is an option on the Confidence screen to request a new contract, but maybe that's because mine is running out soon.

Why don't you just start a new game because all you seem to do is ***** about this one.

Why don't you just start a new game because all you seem to do is ***** about this one.

Harsh but ******* funny!! And i did only ***** about Vanden Borre once :rolleyes:

I dont think he was talking about you...

Yeh I've seen request new contract option aswell..maybe theres a bug in your game

ajw said:

Yeh i was talking to DavidByrne because he has mentioned in a few threads how many bugs etc.. he has came across.

I know he wasnt ******** about me, and I know exactly what he was on about. I was implying that you only have to get things off your chest once, as I did when i couldnt buy a defender. And as you did ajw when you called me a nonce

Yeh i was talking to DavidByrne because he has mentioned in a few threads how many bugs etc.. he has came across.

I know mate sorry, should've explained meself better. Was just referring to my Vanden Borred with my defence thread ;)

when your contact is running out soon , you will have extra option to request new contact , but bear in mind that if u reject club contact once , they will refuse to offer you new contact in short time .

I was thinking about starting a new game, but having thought about it, for the time being I'm happy here with Arsenal when I'm doing well, no matter how many bugs are in the game (I think there's a bug where I can't actually sign for another club now...)

I might start one this summer unemployed, and try to work my way up.