• Robbie Fowler!

Votes: 18 20.7%
  • Both as good.

Votes: 7 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to tell him that Fowler maybe scored more goals, but that Dennis was way better eín general, but he wouldn't listen to me! :-D
So thank you for backing me up so far ;-)

@duncan.g: You're not alone there!

Dennis Bergkamp is one of my favourite players of all time and I would have him in my team any day of the week, so I voted for him.

The Newcastle goal, as with the goal v Leicster, is insane. I could watch them over and over again

Well... This thread is now pointless. XD

I think Bergkamp kills it, maybe just a little bit.

fowler was a legend one the best finishers the prem has seen

A better question would be whos better NOW ;)

Bergkamp.

<) When this thread came up, i know you would post just 'Bergkamp' i don't know why i just did.

And i was right. (A)

But anyway... N'Gog is still the man, the dive he did Vs Brum was magic Robbie or Bergkamp could not do that.

Exactly what dmf said...two different types of footballers, and not really a valid comparison. Bergkamp's skill and touch was out of this world, and I'd take him in my team every day of the week-unless I wanted just goals, in which case it would be Fowler.

Completely agree, a better comparison would be Fowler or Shearer? Bergkamp or Rooney? etc...

What's really sad (for me, as a football fan, not just a Liverpool supporter) is that Fowler had peaked by the age of 22. It was all downhill from there as the cumulative effect of his injuries crippled him more and more.

But in those five seasons, he earned the absolute adoration of the kop, was very possibly the best goalscorer in world football and showed that he fully deserved the accolade of being called 'God'. He really was that good.

Bergkamp was a sublime player. Well worthy of being named in a Premier League Alltime XI. But I'd still take Fowler aged 19 over Bergkamp at any age. This youtube clip gives you an idea of the skill, control, touch and power that makes the decision easy for me: YouTube- Robbie Fowler's greatest goals

Last edited:
Completely agree, a better comparison would be Fowler or Shearer? Bergkamp or Rooney? etc...

I agree, You cannot just compare any two players, It's stupid and always will be an unfair comparison.

Hands Down, Dennis Bergkamp. No contest, I cant believe you couldnt decide. I think this clip will prove who is better -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJmX5vSz24E

I hate to say it, but the goal he scored against Newcastle, was one of the greatest goals in the Premier League. Also, the one at the WC 98 pops to mind.

10 good goals doesn't prove who is better :S Although I think Bergkamp is a lot better,you can't decide who is better over a YouTube clip showing a few goals

It sounds like it's not even up for debate but Bergkamp is winning by a landslide of votes..

Status
Not open for further replies.