Der kleine Bruder - A Stuttgarter Kickers story

Welcome back to the Stuttgarter Kickers save. The end of Season 2 is here and the final results are in. So let us take a look at what happened during April and May.

Regionalliga Südwest Matchday 36
League-M36.jpg

In one of the most boring matches of the season, we drew 0-0 to Waldhof Mannheim.

Regionalliga Südwest Matchday 37
League-M37.jpg

Our close 2-1 victory against Barockstadt allowed us to win the league title and earn promotion into the 3 Liga after Ulm drew 1-1 with Hessen Kassel on the same matchday. Absolutely delighted! This result prompted the board to immediately transition into a fully professional side rather than wait til the end of the season.

WFV-Pokal Semi Final
WFV-Pokal Semifinal.jpg

Our regional cup semi-final came against Reutlingen, who we thrashed 6-1 with a four goal hattrick from Bleron Visoka.

Regionalliga Südwest Matchday 38
League-M38.jpg

Relegation-threatened Freiburg II earned a 2-0 victory against us in an effort to stay in the Regionalliga. Didn't care about this result, as we had nothing to play for.

Regionalliga Südwest Matchday 39
League-M39.jpg

We record a routine 3-1 victory against Elversberg.

Regionalliga Südwest Matchday 40
League-M40.jpg

Relegation-battlers Freiberg tried their best to give us a game, but we ended winning 4-2 thanks to the home side's poor disipline.

WFV-Pokal Final
WFV-Pokal Final 2022.jpg

The final of the WFV-Pokal pitted us against Sonnenhof Großaspach. It was a very close game, and it took us all the way to penalties for the Kickers to win a second WFV-Pokal in a row. Very happy to win this, as we get to play in the DFB-Pokal next season.

Regionalliga Südwest Matchday 41
League-M41.jpg

Astoria Walldorf, having their relegation already confirmed, barely put up a fight as we lazily won 2-1.

Regionalliga Südwest Matchday 42
League-M42.jpg

And we round off the season with a 4-2 victory against Gießen, who needed at least a draw to stay up. Due to results elsewhere, they managed to avoid getting relegated.

League Table
final table 2022.jpg

And that's a wrap. Balingen, Astoria Walldorf, Kaiserslautern II, Freiburg II, and Freiberg were relegated to the Oberliga.

Now for results around Germany.

DFB-Pokal Final 2022.jpg

Bayern Munich ended up retaining the DFB-Pokal by beating Bayer Leverkusen 1-0 in the final.

BuLi 2022.jpg

Bayern Munich also continued their unstoppable title victories by winning another Bundesliga. Paderborn and Hannover 96 were relegated to the 2 Bundesliga. Mainz stayed up by winning the relegation playoff.

BuLi2 2022.jpg

The 2 Bundesliga was won by Karlsruher SC, who was promoted with fellow Baden side Freiburg. Heidenheim and VfL Bochum were relegated to the 3 Liga while Uerdingen stayed up by winning the relegation playoff.

That's it for today. I will return soon with results from around Europe.

Welcome back to the Stuttgarter Kickers save. Here are the results from around Europe.

Prem 2022.jpg

The Premier League was won by Liverpool, who equalled Man City's points total of 100 points. Norwich City almost pulled off an amazing Great Escape, having been bottom at the start of the last matchday. But Fulham's 2-2 draw with Bournemouth combined with a worse goal difference doomed the Canaries to another relegation. They are joined by Sheffield United and Middlesbrough to the Championship.

EFL 2022.jpg

The EFL Championship was won by Leeds United, who were promoted with West Ham and Sheffield Wednesday. Cardiff City, Reading, and Barnsley were relegated to League One.

A 2022.jpg

The Serie A was won by Inter Milan, who ended Juve's title winning streak. Cittadella, Lecce, and Sassuolo were relegated to Serie B.

B 2022.jpg

Serie B was won by Spezia, who were promoted with Monza and Benevento. Renate, Vicenza, Reggina, and Bari were relegated to Serie C.

LaLiga 2022.jpg

La Liga was won by Real Madrid, who were dominate all season. Deportivo Alaves, Granada, and Celta Vigo were relegated to La Liga 2.

LaLiga2 2022.jpg

La Liga 2 was won by Mallorca, who were promoted with Leganes and Girona. Alcoyano, Marbella, Mirandes, and Albacete were relegated to the third tier.

YFL 2022.jpg

The Yugoslav First League was won by Dinamo Zagreb, who took advantage of Red Star's bad run of form. TSC Bačka Topola, Mura, and Shkendija were relegated to the Second League.

YSL 2022.jpg

The Yugoslav Second League was won by Tuzla City, who were promoted with Spartak Subotica and Sutjeska Nikšić. Velež Mostar, Željezničar Sarajevo, Mladost Doboj-Kakanj, and Varaždin were relegated to the third tier.

CL 2022.jpg

The Champions League was won by Real Madrid, who beat Tottenham Hotspur 1-0 in the final.

EL 2022.jpg

The Europa League was won by Inter Milan, who beat Manchester United 1-0 after extra time.

ECL 2022.jpg

The inaugural season of the Europa Conference League was won by the Swiss side FC Basel, who beat Rangers 2-1 in the final.

That's it for Season 2. I will return with the beginning of Season 3 with Stuttgarter Kickers, including the rules and July fixtures.

Welcome back to the Stuttgarter Kickers save. Season 3 has started and we have played four matches in our new league. Before we go over the results, lets take a look at the rules.

S3 Rules1.jpg

S3 Rules2.jpg

S3 Rules3.jpg

Now that we are into more prestigious leagues, not a lot has changed compared to the Regionalliga. We're still limited in regards to the non-EU player requirements, but that isn't really an issue since most of my players are German. We also have less games to play compared to the last two seasons so every point counts. We've been tipped for a relegation battle, so I hope that we can do well enough for top half.

3. Liga Matchday 1
League-M1.jpg

We began the league season at home to Hansa Rostock. It was a very good day as we won 3-0 thanks to Dimovski's hattrick.

3. Liga Matchday 2
League-M2.jpg

Our next game was against MSV Duisburg away from home. We were so close to winning the game, but a last minute goal rescued a point for the home team as we drew 3-3.

3. Liga Matchday 3
League-M3.jpg

Our encouraging start continued here when we thrashed Hallescher FC 5-1 with another hattrick from Dimovski, who seems to be unstoppable.

3. Liga Matchday 4
League-M4.jpg

We stole a point away to Würzburger Kickers with a fantastic second half performance which saw us battle to a 2-2 draw after being 2-0 down at half time.

League Table
table jul22.jpg

Encouraging signs of the new season as we occupy 5th place and subsequently the promotion playoff spot as two reserve teams are above us. Bochum and Magdeburg are both tied on points with 100% starts to the season, occupying the two promotion spots.

That's it for the Stuttgarter Kickers save. I will return with August fixtures and the summer transfer window business very soon.

Welcome back to the Stuttgarter Kickers save. August has passed and the summer transfer window has slammed shut. Let's take a look at the business, it is very exciting.

summer22 in1.jpg

summer22 in2.jpg
summer22 out1.jpg
summer22 out2.jpg

This is probably the busiest transfer window of the save so far and definitely the most expensive. We brought in a lot of first team quality young talents in, most notably 18 year old midfielder Jan Werner from Chemnitz, 20 year old Tobias Eisenhuth from Energie Cottbus, and 18 year olds Kushtrim Dakaj and Patrik Mlakar from the Yugoslav club Drita Gjilan. There were also some Bundesliga rejects brought in for future development. On the outgoing list, the biggest name on the list is our first choice right back and captian Emir Terzi, who moved to Freiburg for an excellent sum of €325k. The rest of the outgoing players were moving on deadwood and youth development loans. Even though we don't exactly have a quality RB anymore, Dominik Weiß and Fabian Cavadias make suitable choices for that position. Now for the fixtures.

3. Liga Matchday 5
League-M5.jpg

We hosted 1860 Munich in our first game of the month. It was a very close game, but we managed to emerge victorious with a 2-1 scoreline.

3. Liga Matchday 6
League-M6.jpg

Of course, we were brought back down to Earth with a 2-0 loss to recently relegated Heidenheim. I am not excited about them being in the 3. Liga because that means they will be partaking in the WFV-Pokal, a competition I hope to win again this season. We have to get our momentum rolling if we are to win any silverware this season.

DFB-Pokal 1st Round
DFB-Pokal 1st Rnd.jpg

Our adventure in the DFB-Pokal begins once again, and we faced Freiburg at home to start off. To my abject delight, we managed to edge them out with a tight 1-0 victory thanks to Bleron Visoka's 44th minute strike. We lost to them last season and I'm glad we got revenge.

WFV-Pokal 1st Round
WFV-Pokal 1st Rnd.jpg

I completely rotated the side to give some of the less prominent members of the team game time in our regional cup match against Sportfreunde Dorfmerkingen. We won 1-0, which is what I expect. I didn't really care about anything else except to win.

3. Liga Matchday 7
League-M7.jpg

We welcomed Hannover 96's II team, recently promoted from the Regionalliga, and comfortably beat them 3-1.

3. Liga Matchday 8
League-M8.jpg

We faced another II team, this time belonging to Borussia Mönchengladbach, away from home and thrashed them 4-0 with a brace from Ljupco Dimovski, who is in red hot form and leading the scoring charts with eleven goals in eight matches.

League Table
table aug22.jpg

Bayern Munich's II team lead the way on 20 points, the only team still unbeaten. We are flying high, sitting in third place occupying an automatic promotion spot. With how things are developing, we are gonna be alright.

That's it for the save. I will return with September fixtures very soon.

Welcome back to the Stuttgarter Kickers save. September has passed and we have played four matches. Let's take a look.

3. Liga Matchday 9
League-M9.jpg

We faced our third II team in a row, this time hosting Bayern München's II team. Nikola Lulic put out a great performance by scoring a brace in our 2-0 victory against them.

3. Liga Matchday 10
League-M10.jpg

It was a very exciting away trip to Wehen Wiesbaden as we win 4-2.

3. Liga Matchday 11
League-M11.jpg

Bottom-placed strugglers VfB Lübeck came to our home, but we thrashed them 4-0.

3. Liga Matchday 12
League-M12.jpg

Lübeck's fellow relegation battlers Altglienicke was our final September fixture. It's now becoming apparent that Ljupco Dimovski is going to have an excellent season, as he scored all four goals in our 4-1 victory over the northeastern side. This match takes Dimovski's goal tally to sixteen already, the same amount as all of last season in the Regionalliga.

League Table
table sep22.jpg

We sit on the top of the table tied with VfL Bochum on 29 points. Bayern II and 1860 München are somewhat far behind, as both of us are six points clear of them.

That's it for the save. I will return with the October fixtures.

Welcome back to the Stuttgarter Kickers save. October has passed, so lets review the results.

3. Liga Matchday 13
League-M13.jpg

We had a big top-of-the-table clash against VfL Bochum, who were the other team relegated from the 2. Bundesliga last season. Unfortunately, their team was still better quality than ours and we barely lost 3-2 away from home.

3. Liga Matchday 14
League-M14.jpg

The next match was a home game against Kaiserslautern, who are chasing promotion. We get an important 1-0 victory thanks to Patrik Mlakar's 61st minute goal.

3. Liga Matchday 15
League-M15.jpg

Ljupco Dimovski pulled a fantastic shift against Viktoria Köln by scoring a hattrick in our 4-1 away victory.

WFV-Pokal 2nd Round
wfv 2nd rnd.jpg

Our regional cup game drew us against VfR Aalen. I completely rotated the side as we secure a 2-0 victory on the road.

3. Liga Matchday 16
League-M16.jpg

Bottom placed VfB Eichstätt, newly promoted from Regionalliga Bayern, came away with nothing after our 4-2 victory.

League Table
table oct22.jpg

We're sitting pretty in 2nd place, a point behind Bochum and five points ahead of 3rd place 1860 München.

That's it for October. Next up, November fixtures.

Welcome back to the Stuttgarter Kickers save. The 2022 World Cup has arrived and as a result, many fixtures this season were rearranged. Thus, I will cover November and December since there were only 4 league matches during that time period. So first, let's take a look at the result of the World Cup.

WC2022.jpg

Holland wins their first World Cup title after they beat Argentina 2-0 in the final thanks to a brace from Justin Kluivert of Atletico Madrid.

Now, back in Germany, November and December see us past the halfway point of the 3. Liga season.

3. Liga Matchday 17
League-M17.jpg

The Kickers left it very late in the away trip to Unterhaching, where we claimed a 2-0 victory.

3. Liga Matchday 18
League-M18.jpg

Magdeburg gave us a tough game, but we came through with a 2-1 home victory.

3. Liga Matchday 19
League-M19.jpg

Kushtrim Dakaj records his best game yet by scoring a 4 goal hattrick in our 6-0 demolition of Türkgücü München.

3. Liga Matchday 20
League-M20.jpg

Now past the half way point, we complete the double over Hansa Rostock by beating them 3-1.

League Table
table dec22.jpg

Thanks to Bochum's 1-0 defeat to VfB Eichstätt in the beginning of November, we retake top spot, two points clear of 2nd place.

That's it for today. I will return with January fixtures and the winter transfer window.

Welcome back to the Stuttgarter Kickers save. Wow, it's been a while, haven't played in a long time, but now I am back. So, January and the transfer window, let's go!

winter in.jpg
winter out.jpg

This is probably the worst transfer window I have ever had. Our star midfielder academy product left for Hertha Berlin for 5 million Euros, thanks to that meddling club president going over my head. **** it, I wanted to keep Kural Han for a long time, but no. If this ends up hurting our league campaign going forward, I'm going to be ******. Now for the fixtures.

3. Liga Matchday 21
MD21.jpg

A short winter break ended with an uneventful scoreless draw to Duisburg.

DFB-Pokal 2nd Round
20210928223943_1.jpg

We crash out of the DFB-Pokal with a 1-0 loss to Bayer Leverkusen at home.

3. Liga Matchday 22
MD22.jpg

Another 0-0 draw, this time to Halle, ensures we go the entire month of January winless.

League Table
20210928215733_1.jpg

Those two draws see Bochum catch up to us, remaining one point behind.

That's it for January. I will return with February fixtures.

Welcome back to the Stuttgarter Kickers save. It was a busy month of February and here are our results.

WFV-Pokal Quarter Final
20210928224743_1.jpg

The first game of the month was our regional cup match against Sonnenhof Großaspach away. We advance to the semi final with a 3-1 win thanks to Dimovski's brace.

3. Liga Matchday 23
M23.jpg

Our excellent run of form continues here with a 2-0 victory against Würzburger Kickers at home.

3. Liga Matchday 24
M24.jpg

A trip to Munich ended favorably as we record a 3-1 away win against 1860 Munich.

3. Liga Matchday 25
M25.jpg

I was delighted to record a big 3-0 victory against Heidenheim in what I would consider to be the dress rehearsal of the WFV-Pokal Final that is likely to be contested between the two of us.

3. Liga Matchday 26
M26.jpg

A surprisingly difficult away trip to Hannover 96's II team only sees us drawing 1-1.

3. Liga Matchday 27
M27.jpg

We set things back on track with a 2-0 home win against Borussia Mönchengladbach II team.

League Table
20211111222433_1.jpg

This is probably the best month of the season, as thanks to Bochum's abysmal run of form that saw them picking up only 5 points from the last five game, we extend our lead at the top of the table to a very comfortable nine points. Bochum is going to have to work very hard to catch up.

That's it for February, I will return with March fixtures very soon.

Welcome back to the Stuttgarter Kickers save. March has passed and we're now approaching the business end of the season. Let's take a look at the results.

3. Liga Matchday 28
M28.jpg

The first game of the month sees us win 2-0 against Bayern Munich's II team away from home.

3. Liga Matchday 29
M29.jpg

We narrowly beat Wehen Wiesbaden 2-0 thanks to two stoppage time goals. Way to leave it late guys....

3. Liga Matchday 30
M30.jpg

It was a very quiet game as we beat bottom-placed VfB Lübeck by a single goal.

3. Liga Matchday 31
M31.jpg

We round off the month with a big 4-1 victory at home against relegation battlers Altglienicke.

League Table
20211112201705_1.jpg

It's looking highly likely that Bochum won't be able to catch up to us, as we extend our lead to 13 points. That's it for March, I will return with the remaining fixtures as well as the youth intake and the end of the German domestic season.