swfc4life22

Reaction score
Just got Derby into the Premier League and now i have the problem of who to sign. This is the 2011/12 season... and as ive put in my title ive got 27mil to spend.

I need:
3 Strikers
2 Central Defenders
1 Left Back
1 Right Back
1 AMR
1 AML
2 Central Midfielders

Basically a new squad :p

Don't sign that many players, your team will need to re-settle, sign new players and look into specific stats like team work and influence is always one I look for when promoted.

Build a solid spine to your team, get players who will help you hold off the opposition, players who will work well together, same language and teamwork help here.

You say you don't need a goalkeeper, depending on who you have, look into Chris Kirkland or Scott Carson, both have PL experience and speak English.

Defender Right, would be worth looking into Nedum Onouha, Phil Bardsley, Habib Beye and Luke Young.

Defender Left, look into Emilano Insua, Fabian Monzon, Stephen Warnock, Jose Enrique and Federico Balzeratti [Palermo], and if you can afford him Andrea Dossena.

Defender Centre, always the most crucial for promoted teams in my opinion. You should look to invest here on players who will make an immediate impact, players like Brede Hangeland, Carlos Cuellar, Nevan Subotic, Paolo Cannavaro, Nicolas Otamendi, Bruno Alves, and Younes Kaboul.

Central Midfielders, Charlie Adam for a creative central midfielder, Wilson Palacios or Cheikh Tiote for a destroyer, and if you need an all rounder, go for Scott Parker, although he is pricey.

Wingers, players like Mauro Cameronesi, David Bentley, Duda, Diego Buonanotte, Pedro Rios, Juan Angel Albin and Christian Maggio all have proven well for me. Also, get Hleb if you can, very consistent.

For strikers in the Premier League, I feel you need a strong player to hold up play and a finisher. Go for Henry, he usually isn't interested in playing for them on Football Manager, should he be at them on your current save [New York]. Christian Benitez, Freddy Montero, Peter Odemwingie, even Ruud Van Nistlerooy are all possibilities, but can be quite pricey. The transfer list is your best friend, as are Man City, go for Santa Cruz and/or Jo from them, and if you can, Jefferson Farfan can do a good job up front.

ST - Garra Dembele, Michael Eneramo, Ahmed Khalil, Jordan Ayew, Christian Benitez, Goodwillie, Leigh Griffiths
CB - Michael Almeback, Anele, Mathias Jorgensen, Kyriakos Papadopoulos
LB - Leandro Grimi, Emil Johansson, Monzon, Felix Bastians, Bjornar Holmvik
RB - Sime Vrsaljko, Gabriel Mercado, Nenad Tomovic, Javier Flano, Alberto Lora
AMR - Urretaviscaya, James O'shea
AML - Spas Delev, Adam Hlousek, Jaime Gavilan, Skolnik, Federico Carraro
CM - Adrien, Tinga, Witsel, Kofi Agyei, Y.Sankhare, Gonalons, Guarin

Irish Scouse's post has quite covered this. Also try to get young players to develop on your team. They'll become team members eventually or then you'll sell them on profit. It's win/win situation.

Check Alexey Rudenok and the Belarussian winger from Bate. Though Rudenok's mentals arent great he usually develops great ( at least for me and couple others check my post on him to see future screenie ) and these are dead cheap. Cost around 250-500k.

look for some free's? as porstmouth i managed to get bapista, Frazier Campbell, Flamini and wright-phillips on free, i was lucky.

aslo german lux a goalkeeper is free

Why does every team get promoted from the Championship in their first season? Not everyone will make it but somehow everyone does.

Not sure which of these you will have a high enough rep to get:

DR: Vrsaljko(3.5m), Corchia, Danilo(Santos - 2.7m), Beye, Jerry Vandam

DL: Alex Sandro( loan or 5m buy or so), Kevin McNaughton, Mariano Bittolo( 600k), Emil Johansson, Fredrik Stenman,

DC: Galeano, Radoi, Felipe(Standard), Andrea Coda, Basson(If he's still at spurs should be cheapish)

St: Stancu, Lucas Gaucho, Lewandowski,

Maybe Jack Wilshire But he will be extremely pricey so probs not
ruud van nistleroy,Thierry Henry good options
Bruno alves,shawcross,zabeleta,richards maybe
all good be expensive though good luck anyway mate