Derby Season 2 in the Prem various positions

brooksey84

Reaction score
Hi all, Just got it confirmed that Derby are going to the Premier League. Budget 10 million wages 80k to play with. Hoping this will rise when the TV money comes through as i still have 2 games left to play.

My current team- 41221 or 4321
GK Grant, Ross
RB Christie, Vermijl
CB Keogh, Shotton(permanent transfer), O Brien, Buxton, Barker, Whitbread
LB Garbutt(LOAN want a Permanent transfer), Forsyth
CM Hughes, Bryson, Hendrick, Coqeulin, Mascerall (LOAN), Thorne
RW Russel,Ibe (LOAN)
LW Grealish(LOAN), Eagles
ST Martin,Keane (LOAN), Regen (Huge potential)

Confirmed in's:
Ryan Shotton 1m
Michael Keane 1.1m
Luka Jovic 600k JAN TRANSFER
Gary Mackay Steven FREE
E Goldaniga FREE
N Leali FREE
H Tariq (With a work permit back from his loan.)
F Sorenson FREE

Being released is Barker(would like to keep to tutor players but needs to drop wages massively or coach.), Whitbread some youth players.

Willing to sell Buxton, O Brien & Eagles one or 2 of Christie, Vermijl, Forsyth depending on replacements to help raise some funds determined to keep Hughes as he is the heartbeat of my team!

Desperate need-

LW, RW, RB, LB (hoping for Garbutt but some backup options would be good.)

I will be looking to loan a couple of players if possible in but got to the right player & a decent price!

Will have a look through the relegated teams when its being decided at the moment it could be any of Southampton, Villa, Burnley, Sunderland, Palace, Swansea- Tottenham & West Ham could get dragged in potentially but highly unlikely.

Last edited:
I got promoted with Derby too, in the Summer I only signed free players, so they may not be available on yours if they signed new contracts or have already been poached.

I got Leali and Sorensen as you did. Eduardo Vargas was my main free signing. I recommend Micah Richards and Vaclav Pilar too (if you can keep them fit). Look to loan Adama Traore too as he is incredible.

Adama Traore has gone to Ajax unfortunately.

Just being completely shafted by the board minimum expectation is mid table finish with a 350k p/w on wages and 1.8 million on transfer. FML!

Angel Rangel, Jon Flanagan, Tyler Blackett, Adrian Marin, Pablo Sarabia, Jack Grealish. P.Sisto, Suso.

Thanks for the suggestions but could not get any of them.

Ended up signing-

LB Insua 2.5m, Garbutt LOAN would like to get on a permanent deal but no future fee in the loan. 16.25k a month
RB P Ankersen 2.5m (Low release clause for champions league teams.)
RW J Campbell LOAN 50% of wages, A Zivkovic 3.8
CB Regen (3.5* gold 4.5* black) 575k

Sold-
C Eagles 5.75
K Freeman FREE (50% next transfer)
M O'Brien 1
J Buxton 1.3
M Vermijl 1.5

Need to get the board to raise up my transfer revenue available percentage from 20% in the winter I am going to sell Forsyth, one of russell or martin depending on offer/who performs better during the season with Jovic coming in Jan won't need the cover. Shotton 15k p/w will also be sold as i have plenty of centre back cover with Keogh, Sorenson, Goldangia, Keane and my regen who i want to start blooding early into first team football. Grant could also potentially go if a decent offer comes in for him and cheap replacement can be found.
Coqeulin has being promised a new deal in the summer as well as Swansea came sniffing around him.

How my squad looks now-
GK- Leali, Grant
RB- Ankerson, Christie
CB- Keogh, Sorenson, Shotton, Goldaniga, Keogh, Regen.
LB- Garbutt, Insua (JAN), Forsyth
CM- Hughes, Hendrick, Coqeulin, Bryson, Thorne
LW- Tariq, Mackay Steven
RW- Zivkovic, Campbell
ST- Martin, Russell, Jovic (JAN), Bennett.

Last edited:
Just managed to squeeze out some more wage budget from the board on deadline day a De Guzman(LOAN) deal feel through not enough funds & tried to someone from Palermo now on loan that feel through! They raised my wage limit from 320k p/w to 520k p/w shifted the budget to 394k p/w which gives me around 6 million to play with. Right well deadline day passed but i do now have 75% of transfer revenue available to me which gives me loads more wiggle room. Deadline day anti climaxed i had a bid accepted for Balanta would of had to of loaned him back to River for 4 months as he was injured and wouldn't of passed the medical but his agent had locked in his fee and way way over what i could offer. So im going to risk it in Janurary and try and shift Shotton and Keogh as they are both on high wages and sign him as he will be be epic for me. Did also try to get Roberto Pereyra but wanted 60k and bonuses that were astronomical & also Cleverly similair situation. This is turning into a very interesting save if i can keep my job till Christmas then we should be ok as we get loads of depth in Jan! Fingers crossed.