10dfez

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

So a little back story I got Derby promoted in the first year (through the playoffs), had a great first season adding depth to the whole team but not much quality. I started incredibly well in my first year in the prem constantly ranking 2-6 and with ten games to go I was 4 points off the top 4, I was getting giddy. I then went on to score two points in my last 8 games and finished 9th, still a respectable finish.

Third season in the summer I was able to add Ward Prowse, Wilson (utd), Horn, Flannagan, Lovren and Orban as well as a few others for depth. I was pleased with this but had a nightmare start to the season and it hasnt really turned since then - it feels like a carry on from the end of last season. I have slightly adjusted what was a winning tactic to get the best but nothing seems to work.

My first question is does the AI get so use to your tactics that a larger overhaul is required than minor changes?

I play a lot better in cup football winning the league cup and semis of the FA, after winning the LC I went big on getting Gotze who was still a free agent 8 months after leaving Munich, giving everything i had i was able to sign him (maybe my biggest achievement so far, instantly valued at £54m).

Second question: I now want to make sure I get the absolute best out Gotze so will adapt my formation to include an AMC, is there any particular formation that includes this position that has worked well for others? Does it take a lot of time to get the formation ticking?

I need to stop the rot before i get sacked so i can develop next year, 2 games to go and I am 17th level on points with Hull, my games are away to Leicester and away to United - I feel pretty doomed.

Please help.

1 - The AI doesn't get used to your tactics. They simply are more or less adventurous against you depending on how well you're doing.

2 - Any formation can do well. It's more a case of how you set up within the formation than the formation itself.