Rootsey

Reaction score
First of all I would like to say thanks to CanGetEnoughOfJelavic for inspiring me to do a style of story like this. I had adapted it in a few ways as you will see.

View attachment 245339
So here I am at 19 years of age playing week in week out in the Championship with Derby. I serious love this club and want to stay here for my entire career however this season is make or break for me and Derby as I want to play at the highest stage. We have came so close last year finishing 3rd, so this year we really need to go up.

I was so playing under Steve Mclaren, he really is a top coach and I am gutted he left to go to Newcastle. I can't blame him though, being a former England manager he deserves to be in a higher league than The Championship which is how I feel about myself as well.

The news that former Real Madrid coach Paul Clement excited me but it turns out it was all a bunch of lies. He said he didn't feel that the club was right for him at this moment in time which is a shame seeming as he has all the experience of coaching at big clubs, this would of been a perfect chance for him to prove himself.

Anyway, the board have promised that a manager will be announced in the next few days. Fingers crossed he is English, I can not stand listening to foreign coaches, not to mention I can barely understand what they are saying.

(Please note, some of the story may not be completely whats happening in my FM game EG if Hughes is unhappy in the story he might not be in FM)

View attachment 245019
The look on my face must of resembled something like the picture above when I found out who the manager would be for the coming season. When I arrived at the training ground for the bosses first day, I didn't see him before hand but he had called an immediate team meeting which I presume would be to introduce himself.

"It is all well and good this James Roots calling a meeting to introduce himself, he needs to tell us where he came from and why he has what it takes to manage this club as I have never ******* heard of the *****." I said to my best mate Mason Bennett who has been around the club since the same sort of age as me and is the one guy who I share my room with on away days etc.

" You are not the only one who thinks that Will, I have spoken to a few of the lads who all agree that this must be some sort of a joke. How do they expect to get promoted with someone who has no managerial experience that we know of. Ive heard Johnny Russell has already said he wants to move on as he can't afford to have his career stagnate due to an inexperianced manager."

"You know Mas, he might not be the only one whos about to hand in a transfer request, I don't know about young and would have most teams wanting to snap us up who would give us a better chance than this clown who has been put in charge. I am willing to go in and see what he has to say for himself but if I don't like it then I am off"

This James Roots man better say the right words or my love affair with Derby County could have a very sour end.

View attachment 244889
"I am James Roots and I am the guy who will be leading you lads into the premiership this season"

Yeah right I thought to myself, just as I was about to say something clever and patronising, Johnny Russell beat me to it.

"Its all well and good you thinking that BOSS but please explain to me again, who are you? Where have you come from and who have you been bumming on the board to get this job in the first place!"

Woah, Johnny didn't hold back there and as the dressing room was split with some team members sniggering at the comments and the others sitting their gob smacked at what was just said.

"Well Johnny, you are correct, I haven't got any experience in managing a football club apart from when I am at home on my laptop on Football Manager however the board have installed me in the hot seat because I have just completed my coaching badges and got myself an Honours at the University of Loughbrough in Sports Psychology. The board thinks that if you guys can't get promoted with a world class manager such as Steve McClaren in charge then it must be something to do with you and therefore they want me to use my skills to inspire you guys to push on and get promotion this year."

Some players nodded. I am still not entirely convinced but this Roots character seems very confident in his abilities as a coach and I suppose I will give him the benefit of the doubt. Russell however, had different ideas.

"I am not taking any of that bullshit I want to play under a manager who knows what he is doing not some posh boy who thinks he knows how to manage a team cause he as been to university for 3 years. I encourage all you boys to join me in leaving this changing room right now and going to the chairman"

I was tempted to get up and follow but I looked around, nobody else did so I stayed put. Maybe this James Roots is the right guy. He stood up for himself against the Gobshite Johnny who has just made himself look like a **** in storming out. I suppose we will see how this goes.

The perspective. It's a good idea.
Especially because it's a preexisting player not a new one.

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk