Desert Island

Lee said:
Yeh the Romans didn't fancy taking over a country full of inbreds, would of been the end of their empire...

I believe Vikings had Inbredness about them, and since England was taken over by Vikings and Scotland wasn't, I'll leave you to draw your own conclusion :D

And the Romans tried to overtake Scotland three times, but failed on every occasion. They also built Hadrians Wall to prevent the Scottish attacking. Knowledge p00ns.

There were some Vikings in Scotland;thats why Gregor has ginger hair

Arctic Monkeys - Mardy ***
Arctic Monkeys - When the sun goes down
John Denver - Leaving on a jet plane
Coolio - Gangsta's Paradise
The Killers - Mr brightside
James Blunt - Goodbye my Lover
Steelers Wheel - Stuck in the middle with you
Status Quo - Rockin' all over the World
Greenday - Good riddane (Time of your Life).
PJ &Duncan - Let's get ready to Rumble.

So far Clackerbag has chosen the best imo :thup:

Fair play to Redders for havin Quo on ur list. Best band in the world!!

lol i tried to pick ones that Ive liked for years and not just the latest craze that will become ****.

My list if I was to be stranded right now....

Frank Sinatra - My Way
Frank Sinatra - The Impossible Dream
Frank Sinatra - Over and Over (The World We Knew)
Frank Sinatra - That's Life
Supertramp - Give A Little Bit
The Rat Pack - Mr. Bojangles
Katie Melua - Spider's Web
Katie Melua - I Cried For You
Chris Rea - KKK Blues
Frank Sinatra - I'm A Fool To Want You

Flordias not an island

wh he hey

WHAT? :worried:

Okay. I didn't get that joke at all.

Nice thread Gregor, and as always, I’ll be better late than never with my sure fire reply. ;)

Maroon 5 - This Love
The White Stripes - Seventh nation army
Oasis - Don’t look back in anger
Gorillaz - Clint Eastwood
The Verve - Bitter sweet symphony
Queen - We will rock you
Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
Oasis - Supersonic
Coldplay - Trouble
Eminem - The way I am

As you can very much tell, my musical tastes rely heavily on what we educated musical folk call the Indie scene bar the latter choice, Eminem, one of the few Rap acts I regard to be pretty good - some of his stuff’s awesome actually, especially his earlier work.

Why thank you, nice to get some credit for once!

Some good choices, but Queen ERGH! But I seem to be the only one that hates them, for some reason

Gregor said:
Why thank you, nice to get some credit for once!

Some good choices, but Queen ERGH! But I seem to be the only one that hates them, for some reason
Haha... The thing is, I can’t say I really like Queen that much on the whole, it’s more a few particular singles that I rather admire them for, for instance, Bohemian Rhapsody and We will rock you are Defintley two tracks I couldn’t live without but I most certainly wouldn’t consider the band itself to be the perfect (or near perfect for that matter) package.

Yeah, other than Bohemian Rhapsody and We Will Rock You, I totally hate Queen and don't understand how they are so popular :|

Douy said:
Yeah, other than Bohemian Rhapsody and We Will Rock You, I totally hate Queen and don't understand how they are so popular :|
Queen have produced and released an untold number of albums and between all the ****, even if you have to dig really deep, there’s some fantastic stuff lying about. I wouldn’t regard Queen as one of my favourite bands, no, but I’d most certainly recommend that you have a listen to Queen’s Live At Wembley Stadium album. There’s some amazing songs on there and they really are good live, going to stick it on the player now actually, haven‘t given it a whirl in a fair while. :D

but theyve admited Bohemian Rhapsody is just gibberish and wanted to see if people would buy it just becasue it was Queen

Gregor said:
but theyve admited Bohemian Rhapsody is just gibberish and wanted to see if people would buy it just becasue it was Queen
Indeed but it worked tremendously well, didn’t it? Maybe some people did listen to it, cherish it and praise it simply because it was Queen, I like to think that whatever they were trying to achieve, it worked and that a good deal of the charm lies in that very comment Gregor.

I could've course be wrong though. :D :p

I don't like queen anymore, i used to love bohemian rhapsody but now cant understand why anyone likes it or why I liked it. They had a couple of decent songs but on the ratio of good songs to overall number of songs they are ****.

Now you just need to get over Guns N Roses :D