Desperate for help

belz

Reaction score
First off, this is probably in the wrong section. Sorry if it is, I'm not sure.

I usually play FM on a Toshiba laptop. Always ran perfectly, even though it made the vent accelerate a bit. A couple of weeks ago, the computer started to shut down on its own. I browsed the web, and got to a website where it said it's kinda 'common' with Toshibas and it was due to dust on the ventilation.

It advised to vacuum-clean the vent. Which I did, and it seemed to work. Computer worked perfectly until I ran FM. I tried to start a new game with less leagues, a smaller DB, and the problem remains, every time I get to an actual match, the computer shuts down.

Any advice/solution?

Sounds like it's overheating. Try downloading a program to check the temperature the laptop is at when you load up FM.

Sounds like it's overheating. Try downloading a program to check the temperature the laptop is at when you load up FM.

Yeah, thought it would be. Do you have any idea of what I can do if it really is overheating? Besides taking it to the shop.

Yeah, thought it would be. Do you have any idea of what I can do if it really is overheating? Besides taking it to the shop.

Play in a more ventilated area, use some pressurised air cans to clean it out. The safest option is to just take it to the shop, if it's just dust they may clean it out for free or a small charge. Have you tried leaving it on idle for a long time to see if it shuts down? The fan could have packed in full stop. I've heard of Toshiba having overheating issues too, not sure how true.

Cooling pad may help as well

Play in a more ventilated area, use some pressurised air cans to clean it out. The safest option is to just take it to the shop, if it's just dust they may clean it out for free or a small charge. Have you tried leaving it on idle for a long time to see if it shuts down? The fan could have packed in full stop. I've heard of Toshiba having overheating issues too, not sure how true.

It doesn't shut down, it seems to shut down only when I'm playing FM. It works fine even with other games (online FPS).

I don't want to open the PC, and I'm afraid that blowing air into the fan will only move the dust to another place on the comp. It doesn't even have an year. Will probably take it to the shop. Thanks for the help anyway ;)

---------- Post added at 04:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 PM ----------

Cooling pad may help as well

I thought that too, but then I heard it only helps you not getting your lap 'burned', and it doesn't cool much the PC.