Desperate Measures In the Foreign Land

CBoyd27

Reaction score
The South African

View attachment 230133

I have escaped my troubled homeland of Nelspruit, South Africa to find my true place in the football world. I have made my way to Scotland where I hope to merge and work my way into a career of football.Back home my family suffered through the turmoil and poverty. Due to my lack of funds I sadly could not find the money to take them with me so I hope to get my career up and running really quickly.

View attachment 230142

My Troublesome Time

When I was a young child I watched those around me suffer from disease, death and poorness. This got me thinking about how I could do my part to help so when I was old enough to understand and make sense of everything I was seeing I set a near impossible aim of getting into a job which could publicise the severity of what my community, country, even most of the continents troubles.
I was lucky enough to make enough cash from doing back to back jobs but it didn't stop there. I tried and tried to get to Scotland when I turned 19 years old but my Visa Application was turned down and I felt as if I had failed everyone so I hit the devilish alcohol badly and it near enough ended my life. So that was my Hopes being demolished for the
first time in my Journey..........

View attachment 230143

Result!!!!!

As I turned 24 my luck turned and I was allowed a Visa. All of my troubles through my youth and up until then were brushed aside as I was finally going to make a difference.
I booked my flight to Scotland for 14th September 1994 and was on my way. I said a final farewell to my beloved country before I made my way to the airport to kick start my dreams.

View attachment 230148

My Time in Scotland

Since my move to Scotland in 1994 I have had some minor spells at Football Clubs such as: Alloa, Ayrshire United, Morton, A short loan at Rangers F.C and a final move to my favourite club (Celtic F.C).

Throughout my time at each club I made an impact to their playing style and now I'm retired from my playing career with a view of going into management. Who knows, it may or may not happen for me but time will tell.

In 1997 however I hit a rough patch and felt unneeded so I once again turned to alcohol which I knew would harm me but I needed something to turn to and it was there for me. This rough patch in my life turned me into an alcoholic and even until this day I feel the need to have it. My recovery was long and hard but I got through it and got my career back on track.

Steps Down

Raith Rovers Manager John Mcglynn has stepped down from his role at the club in a surprise twist in Scottish Football. A source from inside the club said "John McGlynn has met with the Board and has stated his resignation is due to 'Not enough funds injected', 'Length of contract is unacceptable' and 'Relationship between the Chairman and himself.

This shock move was released to the press at 14:28 on June 4th 2011.

Possible Managers:
Paul Hartley (3/2)
Jimmy Nicholl (2/1)
Shaun Dennis (5/1)
Aleko Mundunga (15/1)

View attachment 230190

Last edited:
BREAKING NEWS- 5th July 2011

Raith Rovers have released the name of there new manager as Aleko Mundunga.
The South African has retired from his Playing career and will be the happiest man in Scotland right now. It is believed that Aleko always had his special dream of making a difference for his home country which has been poverty stricken for years and years.

He had a vision of going into management when his playing career was over and it is exactly what he's done.

Can He Lead Raith To Glory?

My Time To Shine

View attachment 230194
I have been informed by Raith Rovers Chairman David Somerville that he wishes me to take his team forward and lead them to glory in the league and cup matches. As I had the best chance at that time to make myself noticed, I accepted his offer and got straight to business.

I have pledged myself to do my best for the club and manage it well in all aspects. I will be careful with the cash available and not overspend when not needed.

The 5th July 2011 marks the start of a new era in Raith Rovers history and they will have the recognition they need to succeed.

Tell me what you think so far please. Every opinion counts

Team Hopefuls

Ludovic Roy (Goalkeeper)- Player shows real potential for the season ahead. Will most likely be in the first team line-up more than anyone throughout the season.
View attachment 230470
Grant Murray (Defender)- Grant is getting old and may be entering his final years of playing but as things stand we cannot afford to leave him out of the team until we find someone new.
View attachment 230469
Allan Walker (Midfielder)- Allan is one of a few key players in my squad this season and is the best midfielder so you shall expect to see a lot of him throughout the season.
View attachment 230468
Damien Casalinuovo (Striker)- Has real potential to be a Premier League footballer. I shall be making him a real key player from the word go.
View attachment 230467
John Baird (Striker)- A true key player in my squad. He may be the player to watch for throughout my first season and Maybe beyond.
View attachment 230466

View attachment 230479Welcoming Press ConferenceView attachment 230479

Journalist- You sit here as the new Raith manager is it a dream come true?

Aleko Mundunga- I would not say that it is a dream come true but as it is I am very happy to be in management.

Journalist- As this is your first managerial position you will most likely find it hard to succeed?

Aleko Mundunga- To be honest with you I do not agree with your comment. I have worked hard to get this job and obviously everyone has to start somewhere so do not question me about my ability!

Journalist- Well I am sorry but......

Aleko Mundunga- But what? You must have known that was an inappropriate question to ask given the reason that a lot of managers before me have gone through the same stages. I think that because I have got this job without much experience you must think that I am not up to the challenge.
I must call an end to this Conference.

(ALEKO MUNDUNGA LEAVES)

July 2011

Fixtures and Results:

Raith Rovers 1-2 Aberdeen
Elgin City 2-1 Raith Rovers
Oldham 0-2 Raith Rovers
Raith Rovers 0-1 Deveronvale
FC Halifax 0-2 Raith Rovers
Eastwood 2-2 Raith Rovers

Transfers:

In:
Koen Stam- £14k
Benoit Benvegnu- Free
Fritz Emeran- £40k
Ryan Simmonds- £26k
Elliot Chamberlain- £14k
Paul Matthijs- Free
Roberto Verhagen- Free
Nicolad Esceth-N'Zi- Free
Stephen Husband- £24k
Fernando Ricksen- £3k
Jamie Lindsay- £500
Pedro- £70k

TOTAL= £190k

Out:

Ross Callachan- Free
Collin Wilson- Free

TOTAL= £0

Should I just quit this one and start again? Or keep going?