Detailed explanation on General Strategies (Philosophy and Strategy)

izzice777

Reaction score
Your general strategy will determine your team's basic mindset. Philosophy sets how much players will stick to tactical instructions and the relative positions they have been assigned in your formation, and to what extent players will share defensive and attacking responsibilities. Strategy sets players' mentalities, that is how attacking or defensive-minded they are in terms of positioning and approach, as well as affecting the default settings in your team's specific instructions.

http://www.guidetofootballmanager.com/tactics/creating-tactics/team-instructions/general-strategy

Last edited:
These guides are great. I have visited the "guid to.. page" and as its basiclly a guide to the whole game, i was wodering how much of it you intend to post here ? The reason i am asking is because if starting a new thread on every subject and then on every sub-subject so the speak, then it will be over 100 of different threads. Perhaps we can find a better format for it ?

Cheers

These guides are great. I have visited the "guid to.. page" and as its basiclly a guide to the whole game, i was wodering how much of it you intend to post here ? The reason i am asking is because if starting a new thread on every subject and then on every sub-subject so the speak, then it will be over 100 of different threads. Perhaps we can find a better format for it ?

Cheers

How about have format like the An [Amateur] Tactician's Chalkboard for FM11 where you can click on which guide and there all in one place because these are great guide and it would be nice to have them all in one area.

izzice777 good job

visit: Guide to Football Manager 2012 - for more of the FM12 guide.

Cheers

Is there really much point copying and pasting everything from their site to here? I doubt they would appreciate that.

Cheers

How about have format like the An [Amateur] Tactician's Chalkboard for FM11 where you can click on which guide and there all in one place because these are great guide and it would be nice to have them all in one area.

izzice777 good job

Yes, that is what i intended to do, but i did post the sub-subject first (have another 2 btw, on playing style and specific instructions). So the total of sub-subject will be 5.

Then will put up a main thread with link to all 5 threads together (and hoping that the main thread will be a 'sticky thread' LOL).

Kindly let me know what u think..

Is there really much point copying and pasting everything from their site to here? I doubt they would appreciate that.

I did give credit, but didn't ask for permission... Let me know if its not ok for me to do it and i'll stop..
Just sharing info that is not available here in fmbase for others knowledge..

I did give credit, but didn't ask for permission... Let me know if its not ok for me to do it and i'll stop..

I think that you should ask for permission before posting any more threads. Not that its by any means is a copy right issue here, but just becasue its what one does.

Why not just copy the link to their website, save you getting sued.