Detailed explanation on Player Instructions (PI)

izzice777

Reaction score
Default player instructions are set by your general strategy and playing style as well as each player's role and duty. Selecting the tick box next to each instruction will override the default setting and allow you to exert finer control over how individuals play. They are found by clicking Show Instructions on the Player Instructions section of the Tactics screen. However, bear in mind when using team instructions or touchline instructions to alter tactics or adapt tactics during matches that any ticked player instructions will need to be changed separately.

http://www.guidetofootballmanager.com/tactics/creating-tactics/player-instructions/player-specific-instructions

Last edited:
not the same at all! both brilliant! I am saying they should be merged into one big thread along with the others you have released...

not the same at all! both brilliant! I am saying they should be merged into one big thread along with the others you have released...

I don't want to take credit as i'm not the one who write this guide.
*(but i will take credit for sharing this guide here.. hahaha)

Will share 2 more guides later today on Team Instructions..
- Detailed explanation on Playing Style.
- Detailed explanation on Specific Instruction.

Then will put one new thread linking all 4 guides together...

*sharing knowledge is my way of learning more.. LOL

Last edited:
great thread we really need info like this
I'd love more details on how this stuff works
I think its key to making a good tactic

great thread we really need info like this
I'd love more details on how this stuff works
I think its key to making a good tactic

I'll be posting about Team Instructions later... Understanding both player and team instruction, together with set pieces will give u better insight of how a tactic works for u...