Determination and Learning New Position

Mulagar

Reaction score
First of all, apologies that the question might be rather generic and often asked before. The "ask small question" sticky thread is either gone or never did exist in FM2015 subforums.

1. Any way to increase Determination other than tutoring them ?

2. Bought Draxler with 10 Det, a Natural in AML but can play somewhat well in AMR.
After playing him in AMR for a couple of months I noticed that there's no increase in his AMR proficiency. His individual training usually consists of 100% phyisical training and no new position training.

He's been playing AMR without being trained for like 20 games and did very well in it. But his rating is only 2 stars while on AML he's at 4 stars. Is a new position training required or will it increase naturally ?

1. No. It may raise naturally with age and experience, but not through training.

2. In a small experiment I did, familiarity with position seemed to have little or no effect, though I must note it wasn't the most rigurous of experiments so I wouldn't put much faith in it. AFAIK there's no need for position training, but without it progress will be from slow to very slow depending on adaptability.

You sometimes get random events where a player's Det goes up or down, but they're rare, as it should be. In a lot of cases, Determination is linked to personality. Outside of tutoring, don't expect it change at all.