Reaction score
Playing with Genoa in FM10, I tried to recreate the 3-4-3 their old manager Gasperini used during the last 4 seasons. I struggled a lot, conceding too many goals and not scoring a lot, thus I started another save with Man City, playing a more traditional 4-2-4.
After gettin more experience playing with City (using 4-2-4), Stuttgart and Italy(using 4-1-2-1-2),
I tried another save with Genoa, still trying to develop a good 3-4-3.
I thought about modifing a bit the 3-4-3 formation, retreating the left and the right midfielder to wingbacks position, to get some more cover, and playing the left and right strikers as wingers, to connect more easily with the fullbacks.
The tactic was quite more succefull, winning the league with a two point difference to Inter, that arrived second, and reaching the Europa League final, losing to Manchester United after penalities.
I especially liked how the wingbacks worked with a 5 men defence: they defended well when I didn't have the ball, and the added two men to the attack while having the ball.
I was succesfull, but I still have the feel that the 5-2-3 can be improved; Have you ever had any experiencies with 3-4-3 and 5-2-3? Do you have any advices about this formation?

i used to use a 3-4-3 it is quite easy to use 3 cb's 1 stopper 2 cover 4 mids 1 ball winning 1 advanced mid 2 wingers 3 strikers change depending on who dey r