Developing Goalkeepers

• Thread starter LincolnLog17
  • Start date
  • Replies 3
  • Views 6K
L

LincolnLog17

Does anyone have tried and true methods for developing young goalkeepers? I know that goalies tend to peak and develop later than other positions, but it just feels as if it takes a long time to see your young guns with loads of potential turn into full first team players.

The reason I ask is that I have a Man Utd save on FM 15 where I have two young, world class potential keepers that I'm trying to groom into De Gea's successor(s). One I've sent on loan while I've kept the other as a back-up (his personality fits perfectly with De Gea, so I've used tutoring to raise his stats).

Any feedback is appreciated

Does anyone have tried and true methods for developing young goalkeepers? I know that goalies tend to peak and develop later than other positions, but it just feels as if it takes a long time to see your young guns with loads of potential turn into full first team players.

The reason I ask is that I have a Man Utd save on FM 15 where I have two young, world class potential keepers that I'm trying to groom into De Gea's successor(s). One I've sent on loan while I've kept the other as a back-up (his personality fits perfectly with De Gea, so I've used tutoring to raise his stats).

Any feedback is appreciated

Tutoring will just develop his personality and determination.

Sadly, the only way to develop any player is to give them match day experience. They'll get better as they're playing (assuming they develop and get decent ratings, you've good facilities and good coaches) but it's literally a matter for playing them. If you're expecting them to get world class on their own, spending their lives playing reserve football or just being a cup goalkeeper, they

Tutoring will just develop his personality and determination.

Sadly, the only way to develop any player is to give them match day experience. They'll get better as they're playing (assuming they develop and get decent ratings, you've good facilities and good coaches) but it's literally a matter for playing them. If you're expecting them to get world class on their own, spending their lives playing reserve football or just being a cup goalkeeper, they

Thing is, every time I tutor the back up, almost all of his stats increase (without me playing him in an increased amount of games). Either way, I get your point. At this point it's more of me just not wanting to let De Gea go so the younger guy can become the #1 (I love De Gea way too much lol)