Developing Low Determination Players?

Dicko1878

Reaction score
I've got these 2 guys, Waring came through the youth intake and Sousa was bought for 2m and they look extremely good for their age plus 5 star potential:

View attachment 22788

View attachment 22787

I've currently got Sousa being trained as a DLP(D) and hes in a mentoring group with Jorginho (Sousa looks like a long term replacement for him) and Doucoure. Waring is in a group with Davie Selke and Mario Mandzukic and Brijan Ibrahimi (another young striker). So not poor personality senior players mentoring these guys yet they just aren't developing, anyone have any ideas on developing these guys?

Oh and I also put them on around the 60th minute if I'm winning comfortably

I am having same problem, I have put players with Messi to improve Determination but It just goes up by only 1 every year. Its frustating and i dont think it matters if you put strikers with strikers, you can put a good personalty CB with your young CM or DM as long they dont have trait not suitable for CM/DM. I am saying that because assistant manager keeps saying that i should put my young fullback with Messi mentoring group or put Xavi Simmons with Pique mentoring group

It still works the same, just a bit slower. And as the players reputation and status in the squad go up, it will seemingly slow even further.

What mentoring group they are with will play some role. The team is split into the three units - GKs, defensive, and attacking. You can technically have a mentoring group that splits players over two units, but that will reduce its impact. Because in training, the players aren't working together very much so.... quite logical.

But it still does work. I've seen a low determination player go to mediocre determination in 2-3 seasons. But its harder, if not impossible, to have someone go from Casual to Model Citizen now.

Yeah, it's not as easy as it was before - it was almost an exploit in previous versions.

This time around it feels much more realistic, makes you think about it a bit more and does take a little longer to bring kids up in attributes.

Cheers for the reply guys, I guess from now on players with bad personalities are a no no.

In other news I've picked up some good regens purely by searching for "Perfectionist" and " Model Citizen"

It´s kinda tricky, it depends a lot on your team leaders, in Lazio I got Parolo, Radu, SMS and Strakosha as team leaders or highly influential players, I made 4 mentoring groups with one of them on each group, I just sorted them by personality and mostly every player developed right, having a growth of 10 points in determination.

Then I left Lazio to Atletico and my team leaders are Griezmann, Godin and Koke, I repeated the same formula, one mentoring group for each team leader, and another one with Vitolo who got high determinaton and "Professional" personality. The result is being very bad, the young players are hardly developing.

I can´t quite understand the new system