DevInspiration +60% Poss. No signings, 3rd w/Bournemouth(pred.20) & PL, CL, FA w/City

Rodrigo4073

Reaction score
DevInspiration +60% Poss. No signings, 3rd w/Bournemouth(pred.20) & PL, CL, FA w/City

DEVINSPIRATION

Introduction: i wanted to use the bottom predicted team in the Premier League and made a tactic than can make them overachieve while playing a high passing and possession football, with no signings. I decided to build it also paying attention to the team i have, that's why i decided to use a 40222 with wide attacking midfielders. Possession +60%, passes around 600 or more.

I always test without signings.

Formation: 40222.
View attachment 167886

Man Marking: yes, sadly i had to put man marking, but it's not a big deal, i instant resulted all the matches in both tests so it works good.
The man marking is for the opposition fullbacks and wingbacks, and the attacking midfielders will be in charge of that, is just because if i didn't put man marking they would mark other players and leave freedom to the fullbacks to cross a lot and we know that in this version of FM crossings are quite a bit overpowered.
However, i made 3 versions of the tactics so you can use instant result (of course, it's better if you play the matches, because of the management, the in-game changes, yellow cards, etc). A standard version, against 4 standard defenders. A second version, against Wing Backs (with the prefix WB), and a third version against flat 5 defender line, with fullbacks (prefix 5D).
If you have any more doubts about this don't hesitate in asking.

Opposition Instructions:
View attachment 167885

The players: i usually like to make an all around tactic that can fit a lot of players, but i will try to put some tips. A general tip, it's best if the team have good passing and the players can keep the ball.

Goalkeepers: standard.
Central defenders: standard, best if they have good physical attributes.
Fullbacks: they have to be competent in defending.
Midfielder Centre Right: competent in defense.
Midfielder Centre Left: box to box like, but anyone can do it.
Attacking Midfielders: it is best if the AMR is better with the left foot (opposite), and viceversa.
Striker right: standard, best if he can pass the ball good.
Striker left: the finisher.

Training, preseason and match preparation: i used defensive positioning for match preparation. The other things are up to you.

Set Pieces: i worked a little bit on them. My main goal was to not concede in the counter attack, ever. I think they work good, but you are free to change it if you want.

General tips: if you have a red card, take out a striker, and asign the other to the center. I like to keep the players in good shape, i almost never use them if they have less than 90% of condition. If you have players with yellow cards, try to substitute them in the second half. Morale is a MUST. Ok, if i remember something more to mention here i will do it.

Results: here is the important thing for most of people. I will make some points before showing the screenshots. I tested the tactic A LOT of matches until the team behaved the way i liked but combining that with the efectivity of the approach, a good balance is always nice, after being somewhat satisfied with that i just tested the tactic for a full season with Bournemouth (and i made a mistake here, i forgot to select the opposition instructions for the MC, MCR, and MCL). I did almost nothing of management, just instant result and advance. After a succesful test with Bournemouth, that have players to fit the formation, i just tried with the team predicted 1 to see if this tactic can still work with top teams. And i instanted result all the matchs, but i have to say that in a lot of the last matches (since Swansea last match), i made a mistake and used the tactic with man marking to the wingbacks instead of the standard one, so that obviously impacted the results, however, they were quite good. I figured out the mistake when i finished the season. Calum Wilson was my main striker (the left one) in the Bournemouth save, and Agüero and Bony alternated in the Man City save, due to a LOT of injuries, i mean, it was really painful, not just from Agüero, but all the squad.

View attachment 167864
View attachment 167863
View attachment 167862

View attachment 167859
View attachment 167852
View attachment 167851
View attachment 167850
View attachment 167858
View attachment 167857
View attachment 167856

DOWNLOAD LINKS:
STANDARD TACTIC > View attachment 167855 or https://www.mediafire.com/?kp74fei460t9n4h
AGAINST WING BACKS > View attachment 167853 or https://www.mediafire.com/?kp74fei460t9n4h
AGAINST FLAT 5 DEFENDERS > View attachment 167854 or https://www.mediafire.com/?kp74fei460t9n4h

Last edited:
I should call the thread the beast or win it all or amazing tactic or something like that hahaha? I would appreciate if anyone can test it and tell how it work for them. Thanks a lot.

Last edited:
I should call the thread the beast or win it all or amazing tactic or something like that hahaha? I would appreciate if anyone can test it and tell how it work for them. Thanks a lot.

You didnt think "DevInspiration +60% Poss. No signings, 3rd w/Bournemouth(pred.20) & PL, CL, FA w/City" was enough? ;)

You didnt think "DevInspiration +60% Poss. No signings, 3rd w/Bournemouth(pred.20) & PL, CL, FA w/City" was enough? ;)

Least we've avoided the UNBEATABLEBEST-DIABLOISBACK!!! WON ALL (apart from several but ignore that) titles this years..

I edited after that post, hahaha. But the title is pretty objective anyways.

Only 2 matches played so far but very good tacic

Only 2 matches played so far but very good tacic
Good to know, i found some inconsistencies and trying to fix and make it more regular, and maybe challenge the title with Bournemouth in next test.

So far so good!

Thanks for the tactics. I started 3 matches with Norwich. 2 wins and 1 loss, which is pretty awesome in comparison with a few tactics I tried. A couple of weird things happened: 1. All 3 matches ended 1-0. Secondly, opponent's GK is MOTM in all 3 matches lol... I guess that means my team is dangerous but unlucky.

A few questions for you:

1. CD never attacked during set piece, that's a bit unrealistic
2. Assistant keeps telling me the IF are out of position due to man-marking

Should I do something about these issues?

Thanks for the tactics. I started 3 matches with Norwich. 2 wins and 1 loss, which is pretty awesome in comparison with a few tactics I tried. A couple of weird things happened: 1. All 3 matches ended 1-0. Secondly, opponent's GK is MOTM in all 3 matches lol... I guess that means my team is dangerous but unlucky.

A few questions for you:

1. CD never attacked during set piece, that's a bit unrealistic
2. Assistant keeps telling me the IF are out of position due to man-marking

Should I do something about these issues?

Hi mate, thanks for the feedback. Those 1-0 can be a FM random thing, anyways, it is not bad, you conceded 1 goal in 3 matches. Are you watching the full matches? Or just key? When you watch key plays you miss a lot, this FM is incredible awful when discerning from clear cut chances and good opportunities. I'm actually trying to improve the tactic a little bit, i will post a tweak i'm sure.

About the questions:

1- It's unrealistic, but i just decided to keep always the defenders back in attacking set pieces for two simple reasons, the first one being that i hate to concede on counterattacks when my players execute bad the set pieces, and second and also important, with the nature of the tactic, your central defenders will be getting the ball a lot, and because they are not the best players in terms of attacking football, they will not know what to do, and keep the ball until they lose it, starting a counterattack. ALSO, the attacking free kick are corrupted due to a lot of tweaks i made and forgot to correct, you can tweak that.

2- That's not an issue. They always tell you that. You can try to untick the man marking but they will leave the opposition fullbacks with a lot of freedom, which can cause a lot of crossing and goals.

I will try to accelerate the tweaks, thanks bro for the feedback.

This certainly looks impressive when you play 4-2-4 to dominate possession. Will try it out.

Here's something I don't understand: why did you tick pass into space when you want possession? what's the rationale behind it? And how does pass into space work (is it those long balls that goes into the far end)?

This certainly looks impressive when you play 4-2-4 to dominate possession. Will try it out.

Here's something I don't understand: why did you tick pass into space when you want possession? what's the rationale behind it? And how does pass into space work (is it those long balls that goes into the far end)?

When the team is attacking it forms a line of 4 strikers including the interior forwards, and they tend to move between lines, if you pass into space they will get a good amount of chances only against the goalkeeper. I tick it because i felt that without the instruction the team didn't do enough of those passes, i wanted to mantain posession in almost every part of the field but i also wanted to try a little bit of risky passes into the space upfront. I still trying to find the best balance though.

Should the full/wingback on the opposition be man marking? And with player should do that?