Devising training programs???

Bhoy81

Reaction score
Could someone please help me?I have been devising my own training schedules and have applied the obvious indicators to each position, eg. defenders with intensive defensive training, strikers with intensove shooting and attacking etc, but its the other strengths which Im curious about. How much of a depth does the aerobic indicator need to be, and what positions do I apply it to.... is the tactical indicator important for all postions or just one or two? cheers guys and girls.

ive been wondering about this as well i made my own schedules for each position just like u have but my players dont improve that much even 5-6 years on so id like that help as well

tactic training helps improve mental attributes. so is important for all players, but probably most important for the players you base your tactic around, eg flair midfielder like kaka.

aerobic and strength training are best used intensively during the close season, but i keep them at a high medium level throughout the season, toning it down during bus yperiods, eg christmas.

aerobic specifically improves speed, acceleration, agility, stmaina and a few others. bt basically improves the mobility of your players. this is important for all but mostly for quick wingers and full backs and also pacy strkers.

stentgh improves strength lol and is important for targetmen, defensive mids and centre backs.

set pieces also improve crossing so be aware of how much set piece training your wingers will need.

i train players individual, if their young (under 25) i do highish training in aerobic and strength, as young players can improve that, but older players? lets face it, a 33 year old isnt gonna get much faster and certainly isnt gonna get more stamina, thats all gonna decrease, even if you did train them hard on it, so older players i do light physical, and that allows you to do ALOT on technical and mental :)

i train players individual, if their young (under 25) i do highish training in aerobic and strength, as young players can improve that, but older players? lets face it, a 33 year old isnt gonna get much faster and certainly isnt gonna get more stamina, thats all gonna decrease, even if you did train them hard on it, so older players i do light physical, and that allows you to do ALOT on technical and mental :)

yes but if you neglect their physical trainig, their stats decrease rapidly, keeping it at a highish level means they can maintain current pace, stamina stength levels etc.

alos an old player shoul have great mental stats just from being experienced

tactic training helps improve mental attributes. so is important for all players, but probably most important for the players you base your tactic around, eg flair midfielder like kaka.

aerobic and strength training are best used intensively during the close season, but i keep them at a high medium level throughout the season, toning it down during bus yperiods, eg christmas.

aerobic specifically improves speed, acceleration, agility, stmaina and a few others. bt basically improves the mobility of your players. this is important for all but mostly for quick wingers and full backs and also pacy strkers.

stentgh improves strength lol and is important for targetmen, defensive mids and centre backs.

set pieces also improve crossing so be aware of how much set piece training your wingers will need.

I'm risking being called a liar because I can't remember where I read it (may've been in the manual) but I'm pretty sure it's the strength training that improves stamina. I sticks in my mind because I thought it seemed strange at the time. I know it seems like nit-picking but it means that you still require strength training even for skillfull wingers etc.