jozzy98

Reaction score
just wondering if anyone has a Di Matteo style tactic that i could use for my Chelsea team ? WHAT A WIN LAST NIGHT !

If you want the tactic he played against Bayern or Barcelona I don't think it would work as your team doesn't have enough pace for the counter attack and you don't want to be defending all the time on fm as you will then concede.

Camp in your own half with a 4-2-3-1 shape and defend ultra deep, hope you get 1 chance and score.

gogogo golem its just for the big matches thanks zzeezzy

Ridig-Defensive - untick counter - Retain possession, drop deeper, Target Man-Drogba/Mixed, target Man Torres /Run onto ball and tick counter again -

Also remember that its a very simple tactic but to be able to do it for 90 minutes has to do with the man management and the players, not the tactic it self

Last edited:
gogogo golem its just for the big matches thanks zzeezzy
It will not work even in big matches if you replicate what Di Matteo did as you need a pacey counter attack and the likes of Messi or Robben will just rip it to shreds.

Sit back, get the **** kicked out of you for 85 minutes, rely on your opponents finishing to be poor plus some good tackles from your defenders and a few great saves from your keeper then get one counter attack and score.

Always good to have something like that prepared for when you want to hold the lead.