*DIAMOND DOMINATION* >THE BRENDAN RODGERS WAY<

• Thread starter T maC
  • Start date
  • Replies 38
  • Views 18K
Hi! What attributes do you look at for each role? :) Im wondering because i dont know if Balotelli fit anywhere in this, beacause of his low work and teamwork! :)

The only problem I have with this formation is that they don't play like this.The way I see it their main diamond tactic is :

GK
WB CD CD WB
DM
CM CM
AML DLF AMR

So they have the dm and am but the way they play is the front 3 tend to rotate because they can all play anywhere.They were doing this against Man City last week

So they played with 12 players? ahah

I'm actually trying something like Liverpool do irl, set up like:
Gk
WB(A) CD CD WB(A)
Regista
BTB AP
AM
F9 CF(A)

My problem is upfront, I don't get Suarez and Sturridge play well

Last edited:
I do not know how to upload tactics but copy these instructions:View attachment 391438

I do not change any player instructions *** manager runs match training.
If you hit slump or player complain about training to low,take over as i went 5 game without a win my *** manager had main focus def.set piece and intensity low!,I changed main focus to Attacking intensity high rest after match then won three in a row then let *** manager take over again.

Train Sturridge as Poacher, Sterling as AMC,Gerrard Regista.
Wingbacks Train PPM as gets forward whenever possible this is very important.

You will score amazing team goals and carve through opposition teams.

Let me know how you get on or if you have any questions.

Last edited:
I do not know how to upload tactics but copy these instructions:View attachment 563238

I do not change any player instructions *** manager runs match training.
If you hit slump or player complain about training to low,take over as i went 5 game without a win my *** manager had main focus def.set piece and intensity low!,I changed main focus to Attacking intensity high rest after match then won three in a row then let *** manager take over again.

Train Sturridge as Poacher, Sterling as AMC,Gerrard Regista.
Wingbacks Train PPM as gets forward whenever possible this is very important.

You will score amazing team goals and carve through opposition teams.

Let me know how you get on or if you have any questions.

yes this are the main instructions..but you have player instructions in every position i think ...and this is very important..i need the player instructions to if you can write it down or make screenshots..would be nice ;)

yes this are the main instructions..but you have player instructions in every position i think ...and this is very important..i need the player instructions to if you can write it down or make screenshots..would be nice ;)

I have not changed them they are default as per position so Glen Johnson is wingback but have trained his preferred move as gets forward whenever possible.Other players slot in with same instrustions as per position no other tweaks.
I put Lucas in Regista when Gerrard gets tired as he does alot.

Only problem i have is set pieces. Does any of you guys know any good 1's?

You concede on every game (average), so maybe some def tweaks should be done?

You concede on every game (average), so maybe some def tweaks should be done?

Yea im working on that now, its because the WB play so higher up than normal but last 4 matches tweaked here havent conceded :)

Yea im working on that now, its because the WB play so higher up than normal but last 4 matches tweaked here havent conceded :)

Why not move the WB's back to DL/R positions? Would also make the tactic look a bit more balanced.

Sorry for de-railing the thread T-maC ...............I will create new one with my tactic as it is not based on your template.