Diary Of A European Journeyman

Good move Wales to lower league England is a big step. Getting the sack may just be the best thing that has happened in your career.

Good luck with Darlo mate, personally I'd have loved to see you get the Gateshead job but Darlo aint too much further away from the bright lights of the north east.

I'm experiencing an issue that is ruining my save for me guys, since the move to Darlington.....please see link below and comment with any advice or let me know if any of you have experienced similar problems?? The save might have to come to an end if it's a genuine bug as I literally have my best players unavailable for me to even select and I've now lost all of my opening games by pretty wide margins as the players I have that I can select are absolute sh*te! I really don't want the save to end though so if anyone can help me fix this issue it would be much appreciated!

https://fm-base.co.uk/threads/players-not-showing-for-selection.161790/

I believe this has happened because I didn't start with the English leagues loaded and added them in my 2nd season....there are a lot of players missing from squad views for a lot of clubs who are on the game and searchable but not available to select and play for some reason....must be a bug!! Yet again it's ruined another save for me and I'm gutted.

I will start something new later (even though I feel totally deflated with FM20 right now). What would you prefer to see guys....

- A 1 club save taking over a lower league club and building them up
- A 1 club save starting with a mid to lower table side in one of the top divisions (someone like crystal palace, Torino, Mainz etc)
- A journeyman save but just involving Europe's top leagues all loaded from the start of the game and starting with a manager with top coaching badge and international playing experience (so likely to get a job at a top club straight away)

Let me know which of these 3 options you'd rather see guys.

If you are going to do a 1 club save maybe go for the lower league club?

Doesn't have to be in England ofcourse (although it does have the larger pyramid)

I did a LLM save a few years back in Spain that i found really enjoyable and you can get some exotic away days to random Island/ North African based teams

The last option, a new journeyman save

Morning guys.....there definitely is no way to fix this bug in my current save it seems so a new one is imminent....who would you rather see me go with for the new save/story from the list below.... I will look to start something around lunchtime today, so let me know what you all think before then and I will go with the majority!

* Arsenal - clearly a very talented squad, but failed to qualify for the Champs League for a couple of seasons now and something is clearly very wrong down there
* West Ham - again, a Premier League side that seem to underachieve year on year, despite having some very good players to build a squad around
* Middlesbrough - Living in the shadow of both their North East rivals Newcastle and Sunderland (despite Sunderland being in the division below), underachieving
* Wigan - A club that nobody seems to really hate. Work off one of the tightest budgets in the Championship and seem to be a bit of a yo-yo club nowadays
* AFC Wimbledon - The original Dons have had a quick rise to League One since reforming the club, only to have reached a bit of stutter in the 3rd tier
* Bradford City - One of the biggest clubs to be playing down in League Two...far too big a club to be so far down the pyramid

Gutted the save has come to an end but nothing more frustrating than a buggy game!

I think Middlesbrough are a good shout, They have a half decent team already and have a good reputation of bringing through youth with good facilities! Could be a good long term save!