Die Borrusen Season 3 : team imploded, help needed ( ST / AML / DR / DL )

Mulagar

Reaction score
Borussia Dortmund
Season 3 : 2015/2016
Budget : 55 million Euro
Wages: 1.42 out of 1.98 million / week

In the preseason I bought some players for backup (Bernard, Nicholas Nica, Drier) as I had a rather small squad. Played the first 10 games of the Bundesliga and ended up 4th, trailing Bayern by 10 points. The board was angry, supporters were furious and players were dejected. Jovetic got injured for several months while Timo Werner havent scored in the last 12 games.

I gave up and reloaded my pre-season save game.
Now I turn to the collective brain and humbly ask: whom should i get and what tactics should I use ?
Bonus point if you could explain why to buy player x and why I should use tactics y.

Team Depth Chart:

View attachment 353859

Tactics :

View attachment 353857

AML:
I need an AML as backup to Reus but preferably one that is versatile and can be played as AMC / ST / AML. Picked up Bernard for 22 million in my earlier save, should I do it again ?

DC:
Subotic asked to leave and will be sold. Will pick up a cheap, young DC as backup to Hummels / Balanta / Papastopoulos. Last time around I picked up Drier (an Englishman from a Spanish club, forgot his name).

DR and DL:
Mine aren't really world class and need a backup DL in any case. Bid for Gotoku Sakai but I was a cheapskate and he chose Arsenal. Too bad as he was a natural in DL and DR.

ST:
Jovetic gets injured if someone looks at him wrong. Werner is only 19 and unreliable.
Transfer listed ST are Giroud (who demands way too much wages) while van Wolfswinkel and Steven Fletcher are sidegrades at best.

Try to get someone from clubs like Chelsea or PSG in the attack department, they are usually really growded in that area.

Serge Aurier to Dr/Dl area aswell.

Cristian tello from barca, has a 8.5 mill release clause

AML: Since you're looking for flexibility here, maybe go for someone like Stanciu, Viktor Fischer, or Depay. You could also try Otavio or Kenedy.
DC: Maybe try and see how much Sule/Tah are. If you can't buy them, go for Heintz, he's a great backup DC who doesn't mind being the backup.
DR/DL: **** ummmm....Murru? De Sciglio? That's about all I know for your versatile fullbacks.
ST: Maybe someone like Icardi/Berardi/Luka Djordjevic

WHY whould you play Balanta as a CWB? Limited Fullback maybe, but why waste him there? Peruzzi is a great DR, Ricardo Rodriguez class at DL, CWB.

Jonathan Silva for left CWB. Prob cost about 5 million. Increase the morale of Werner and he will score, so wouldn't say a striker is overly necessary, but maybe look into Mitrovic or Fierro if you feel it necessary. What about Depay for AML/AMC/ST? Tah will cost about 13 million, but is a great CB given game time, and I feel (presently managing Leverkusen) that it is good to maintain a German core to the team. These signings would all fit within your budget.

Thanks for all the suggestion.
I originally wanted to buy some of the best players because my board wants to win Bundesliga this season and Bayern looks monstrous as usual. However I found out that most star players simply dont want to join Dortmund or demand wages above what the board has allowed. Gonna have to settle for second strings and hope for the best.

Stanciu looks amazing and quite cheap in my save. He outclasses Depay even if, like Bernard, his balance number is pretty low. I wonder if that will be a problem.
Probably will buy both Stanciu to cover for Mkhitaryan and Bernard for Reus.
Griezmann is also transfer listed for 20 million because his team got relegated but he can only play in two positions.

Still unsure between Silva and Rodriguez. Probably will go with whichever is cheaper as they are not an upgrade over Schmelzer.

PS
Apologies if this is common knowledge, havent played FM in a long time. I noticed some players like Goetze having ridiculously low physical stat because he was injured for 8 months. Would he ever get his CA back up to near his PA ? My own Jovetic must have suffered some stats reduction from his many many injuries but I do wonder if these young players ( 23 and 25 respectively ) can get back to full strength.

PPS
Balanta was there because Schmelzer was almost match fit, just want to build his match fitness

Last edited: