Hermanos

Reaction score
okpUp2H.png

6VALSU1.png

So let's try this again! Sorry about the previous attempt everybody, messed it up but luckily I wasn't too far into the season and I can quite easily start again... with version 2!

Bayern Munchen, arguably the world's best football team, situated in Munich, Bavaria. They are without a doubt the most successful team in German football history, having won a record 24 Bundesliga titles and 17 DFB-Pokal trophies.

Die Roten were founded in 1900, since then the club have managed to reach ten European / Champions League finals, one UEFA Cup, one European Cup Winners' Cup, one UEFA Super Cup, one FIFA Club World Cup and two Intercontinental Cups, making them one of the most successful European football clubs ever.

Bayern now play their home games at the Allianz Arena (pictured above), previously the team had played at Olympiastadion for 33 years. The Allianz Arena holds a maximum capacity of 75,000.

Aims & Objectives

My aim for this challenge is to make Bayern Munich, without a doubt the best team in the world, fielding only German players. I am not going to sell every single non-German player, but I will be bleeding them out very slowly, so I may actually make one or two signings of players who are not of German nationality, but my aim is to win the Bundesliga, DFB-Pokal and UEFA Champions League by fielding only German players.

There is no time limit on this challenge as I am hoping to carry this on for a very, very long time, attempting to beat Real Madrid's elusive 10 Champions League trophies, and also hoping to become the first ever club to win the Champions League trophy on two successive occasions.

Pre-Season & Tactics

3Y30xhD.png

Pre-season was a lot better this time around! Confident performance from the boys as I try to get a grip on our new tactics, I am still debating but I think I am going to keep it as follows.

I will be using 2 main tactics at the start of this game, I have downloaded them both from this site, but have put my own little spin on each of them. I have a more expressive tactic which helps Bayern's play with a 4-2-3-1 formation, and a tactic which helps once I am in the lead significantly, a simple 4-1-4-1 formation, which helps me keep the ball and dominate possession.

okpUp2H.png

vZOwqc8.jpg

German Super Cup

zo1tk8o.png

A great performance from us here, 3 goals up I decided to change formation and it backfired straight away with them scoring, at that moment I feared the worst. Fortunately Sven Bender managed to get himself sent off and we managed to hold on to win the Super Cup, it is always special winning a trophy in your first managerial game, especially when it is against the biggest rival in the Bundesliga.

What's your plans for phasing out the likes of Robben, Ribery, Lewandowski etc? Are you just planning on letting their contracts expire or do you plan to sell at some point (slowly as you suggest in opening paragraph).

Again, I will follow. I like your concept.

@toddzy - Cheers for the follow mate, it really depends on how dependent they are at the club, if they are getting old or under performing for a certain amount of time then I may look to sell them depending on different factors i.e. other players I have, other potential players I can bring in. As I said mate I'm not looking to complete this over a couple of seasons, hopefully I will have this going well into FM16.

@Barca4ever11 - Thanks pal.

@Timmzeh - Cheers, love your Pozzo Machine story mate. The layout and idea is fantastic, hopefully you can take it far!

okpUp2H.png

SdL1z2y.png

DFB-Pokal 1st Round

lbIExk7.png

An expected win here, didn't expect to dominate as much as we did. Pione Sisto managed to get his first goal for the club and also bagged a Man of the Match performance. Holger Badstuber also managed to score his first goal of the season, after being injured for the majority of the previous few seasons. I think that it is looking likely that Sisto will be my only signing of this transfer window, but that will be covered in a few posts time.

okpUp2H.png

NInHLMS.jpg

Bundesliga Match Day 1

y7HbBun.png

A disappointing draw against Mainz at the Allianz Arena, who we really should be beating. We put in a good performance but just couldn't break down their defence, that can be seen by the possession and shots that we had. Strikers should have performed better, both Lewandowski and Muller disappointed me in this game.

Unlucky against Mainz...

Good result in the cup mind you.

Any planned signings this month?

@toddzy - Thanks, I'm just hoping this isn't a sign of things to come! We were fantastic but just couldn't seem to break them down. I will be doing a end of transfer window update shortly pal, all depends whether I can get my target on deadline day!

okpUp2H.png

fbvVBNG.jpg

Champions League Group Draw

VMb4D7A.png

Well, the draw could have been easier, PSG will be the main competition in the group stages, Athetlic Bilbao I wouldn't expect should pose too much of a challenge, same as Sheriff, but you never know in the Champions League, especially with how the opening game of the Bundesliga against Mainz went. I am hoping we can get through this with ease and but PSG will be the main competition.

okpUp2H.png

yNWC9II.jpg

Bundesliga Match Day 2

qBOyDtJ.png

A fantastic performance from every individual on the field, from the off we were the better side. Lewandowski, Muller, Boateng & Martinez all managed to get on the score sheet. Lewandowski scored a brilliant hat-trick, with Muller also getting two. With Robben out injured I tried Muller in his favoured right wing position opposed to the striker role, it has me now considering whether I need to keep playing him there and purchase a new backup striker to Lewandowski. Tough decisions as a manager.

okpUp2H.png

ubYrOSO.jpg

Transfers

vx9c82s.png

As you can see from the transfers brought in this summer, Pione Sisto is the main guy, I have also brought in Lucas Boye as a backup striker incase Lewandowski is injured, as the only other striker is Thomas Muller, and his natural position is actually right midfield. Sisto has already started to prove his worth, the 19 year old scoring on his first start for the club and getting man of the match too.

Z5JHbd4.png

Claudio Pizarro is the only player departing the club, this time for a fee of £500k, again I did not feel that he was up to the challenge of what was required at this club anymore. I know I lack depth in the strikers department, I just hope to god that Lewandowski does not get injured.

Nice transfers man, you thinking of bringing Boye in on a permanent deal?

@Timmzeh - Depends on how he performs mate, it's not my original plan, it was a bit of a last minute thing to be honest! I was trying to get Davie Selke from Werder Bremen but they wouldn't budge on their asking price. If he does well then I don't see why not, although I will be trying to aim my transfers towards German nationality.

okpUp2H.png

h9GAxHS.jpg

Bundesliga Match Day 3

jGQZ0LU.png

Again another good win away from home, wouldn't say we entirely dominated as I was always wary of Gladbach getting a goal and making it a draw. Good performance from Gianluca Gaudino too in the attacking midfield role, I am hoping he has a very big future at the club.

okpUp2H.png

X9nV24U.jpg

Champions League Group B - Match Day 1

qs1FlHk.png

Very glad that we got off to winning ways in the Champions League. A lot of my squad are picking up minor injuries here and there so I'm going to tweak the team training, which meant that I couldn't rotate the squad very much from the game against Gladbach. The next game is against PSG away from home so it was good to start off with a win.

Good results mate,**** about Mainz result you were unlucky.
Promising signins,how much is your transfer budget ?

okpUp2H.png

01rZ7Ts.jpg

Bundesliga Match Day 4

xJkzFhu.png

Here I gave the fringe players and youngsters a bit of a run out, and boy did them impress, Pione Sisto yet again with a Man of the Match award. But the main credit, and I don't know how he didn't get MoM is Gianluca Gaudino, what a performance from that man, made every goal and even got on the score sheet himself, I have very, very high hopes for this youngster.

okpUp2H.png

FWrRRbt.jpg

Bundesliga Match Day 5

ldoiM49.png

Brilliant performance from the guys here, again Gaudino with another goal to his name! I hope he can live up to his early standards and keep on improving because Gotze is close to returning from injury and he will obviously force him out of the squad. Robben is due to be back any game too, thinks are going exceptionally well at the moment, that is five wins in the league without defeat, hopefully we can keep this run going as long as possible.