Diego Maradona's Premier League Adventures!

Reaction score
maradona-en-cuba2.jpeg

Argentinian Legend Linked with West Brom Job!

Former Argentinian international footballer Diego Maradona today announced that he would be interested in taking the vacant position at West Bromwich Albion, a position recently vacated by Roy Hodgson after he was offered the chance to manage Inter Milan.

"I have only managed the national team before, " said the man widely regarded as one of the greatest players of all time, "But I feel that I could only remain out of the game for so long, and so would like to manage in one of the greatest leagues of them all, the English Premier League,"

His interest in the post is sure to make him the favourite to get the job and a source close to the club suggests that they are very interested in appointing Maradona as manager.

An annoucement is expected shortly.

west_bromwich_albion_p2p4u_net.png

Maradona Unveiled as new Baggies Manager!

Diego Maradona has accepted the job at West Brom, stating that he was 'Delighted to become manager of a such a well-known club'

When asked what his ambitions were on the pitch, Maradona replied, "Within a few years I would like it to be possible for us to be challenging for the Europa League places!"

Maradona's appointment comes as new owners take control of the club. Responding to speculation that a Manchester City style regime would be run, Maradona was quick to answer, "No, we will not be spending billions of pounds to sign as many players as we can!"

"But a few signings should be expected, and we won't sign players just for the sake of it! We will aim to secure the services of some top players so that we can build on what we already have here."

Maradona wants 'Top-Half Finish'

Diego Maradona is targeting the top half of the Premier League as he seeks to build a winning mentality at West Bromwich Albion.

"We must secure a Top-Half finish this season," he said to reporters today, "But to do this, we need a marquee signing!"

This is reported to be former Chelsea player Ricardo Quaresma, although other reports suggest it could be Everton's young start Jack Rodwell.
quaresma-415x439.jpg
EFCs_Jack_Rodwell.jpg

banner-new.jpg

Quaresma_ball.jpg

Quaresma Signs for Baggies!

Diego Maradona is currently enjoying the adulation of the fans as West Brom completed the £8 million signing of former Inter Milan and Chelsea midfielder Ricardo Quaresma from Beskitas.

Quaresma was part of the Beskitas side who won the Turkish Cup in 2011.

He has told the clubs fans that his 'ability with a football will leave them drooling'

Speaking to journalists after completing his signing, the 27 year old left winger declared that if the fans had been getting bored at The Hawthorns over recent months, he was about to show them how football should be played.

Many fans have been flocking to buy shirts bearing this Marquee Signing's name on their backs.

This signing comes after the news that Wayne Bridge will be joining the club on loan for the rest of the season, the former Manchester City and Chelsea Midfielder hoping for first team football at West Brom.

Meanwhile, many reserve team players have left the club, with the likes of Roman Bednar and Marc-Antoine Fortune leaving the club. Maradona said he hoped to complete the signing of Gael Givet by next week so that they have a good squad by the start of the season.

Last edited:
West Brom Seal Givet Signing

44482hp2.jpg

West Brom have Completed the Signing of Experienced Centre-Half Gael Givet for £4,000,000.

Manager Diego Maradona thinks his squad is now able to compete for a place in the top half.

"We can do it now, with these key signings," the Argentinian Legend was heard saying.​

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think I need any new Players, this should be good enough IMO.

Thinking of going super offensive as we have a wide range of attacking talent, play a 4-2-4 and entertain the fans.