Difference between loading leagues and loading players and computer performance star?

howardrocket

Reaction score
Whenever I start a new save/database.... I ALWAYS have a custom database including all players from 'nation' of all the EU countries. I also usually load about ten/twelve nations/leagues.... I was just wondering what the difference is?? The amount of players in the database always changes when I add either leagues or players from nation.

Also, anyone know much about the star rating for computer performance and estimated game speed?
Obviously the more leagues and players loaded, the lower the star rating.... I currently had a save/database with roughly 158k players, had half a star game speed and 2 and a half star computer performance.... the save ran smoothly and I had no problems.

As an experiment, I have just loaded up a new save/database with EVERY country and league available, as well as my usualy custom 'players from nation' database, it is at 226k players, but the star performance is the same.... I am expecting the game to run more slowly just due to the extra players and leagues.... but the computer performance star rating is the same, so I should in theory get the same speeds as before??

Has anyone else actually attempted using every league and nation? Any feedback??

Thanks in advance, Will

If you don't load all the leagues from a nation and, say, play with a small player database, you will probably only see all of the top league's players down to reserves/u-18s and maybe a few decent second division players. For example, if you load England and only English Premier Division, and set the database to Small, you'll get most players in the Premier League and some good quality Championship players. If you load all leagues and play with a Large database, you'll get all the players from the teams in those leagues. Also, on a Small databse you'll get most of the best players around the world, and best potentially world-class players. If you choose Large, you'll get them all.

As for the star ratings, from experience they're all bollocks. On my old laptop, if I'd just load the Premier League on a Large database I'd get a 1 and a half star rating for speed. Now I have a new laptop, I can load 7-8 nations and most leagues easily, have the same star rating but time travels quicker.